Lennart Kähling MLBSenior Associate
Lennart Kähling advises clients on all technology related legal issues with a focus on software contract law. His area of practice comprises drafting and negotiation of contracts, inter alia, for software development and implementation, IT support and maintenance, software licenses, SaaS and other cloud infrastructures. He also advises on copyright and license issues regarding open source software as well as on the topic of IT security.
- Advising the sales department of a software house on critical IT-projects and contract design.
- Support of an automotive supplier with a recall and subsequent settlement negotiations along the supply chain over various jurisdictions.
- Legal memoranda regarding compliance with open source software license requirements of software libraries used in embedded systems of logistic provider.
- Comprehensive advice to a client from the automotive industry on the structuring possibilities and implementation of IT projects using a cloud infrastructure.
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Second State Exam, 2014
- Master of Law and Business, Bucerius Law School and WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, 2008
- Goethe-University Frankfurt, First State Examination, 2007
Before joining DLA Piper in 2018, Lennart worked as an Associate for a leading German business law firm (2015-2018) in the field of Intellectual Property and Information Technology as well as Commercial Contracts.
Additionally he participated at a client secondment at an automotive supplier, providing legal support for IT-contracts and topics regarding digitalization.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Head of the regional group Munich of the Bucerius Alumni Association.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Parc Invest on acquisition of the JUMP House Group
21 October 2021 .4 minute read
DLA Piper advises TRATON SE on the acquisition of Loom Technologies GmbH
27 July 2021 .3 minute read