Nur represents pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology companies in a variety of litigation matters, including multi-jurisdictional product liability litigation, complex commercial litigation, and trial work-up. She also works on matters involving regulatory, compliance, and risk management for life science companies. She has experience across the litigation life cycle through trial, including fact and expert witness development, drafting discovery and dispositive motions, taking depositions, and overall case management.
As an alum of the firm’s Krantz Fellowship, Nur devotes substantial time to global pro bono matters and project development for the firm’s non-profit affiliate, New Perimeter. She works on several impact litigation matters concerning special education, disability, and prisoners’ rights; represents survivors of domestic violence seeking restraining orders in district court and immigrant clients seeking humanitarian relief before the Boston Immigration Court and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service; and leads multi-country research efforts with international non-profits.
Nur is also a member of the Boston office’s Diversity & Inclusion Steering Committee and the South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston’s Board.
Representative of her experience are the following matters:
- In re Zantac (Ranitidine) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2924 (S.D. Fla.): Represents Sanofi in MDL and related state court litigations involving thousands of cancer claims and third party payor, medical monitoring, and consumer fraud class actions. Appointed by MDL Court to Leadership Development Committee.
- Represents medical device manufacturer in MDL and related state court litigations concerning a patient warming device, achieving a recent defense verdict at trial
- Represents pharmaceutical manufacturer in COVID-19 vaccine litigation in federal court
- Represents agrochemical manufacturer in state court product liability litigations through trial
- Represents pharmaceutical company in product liability matters involving estrogen hormone therapy
- Represents medical device manufacturer in MDL and related state court litigations concerning hernia mesh devices
- Advises biotechnology companies on litigation risk mitigation and compliance related to adverse events, promotional, and cGMP regulations
- The Georgia Advocacy Office, et al. v. State of Georgia, et al., 1:17-cv-03999-MLB (N.D. Ga.): Represents students with intellectual and behavioral needs in proceedings against state-funded program relating to ADA violations and segregation
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law 2020
Executive Editor, Journal of International Law
President, Health Law Organization
M.Sc., Health Policy, Planning & Financing, London School of Economics & Political Science and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine 2017
- B.A., University of Chicago 2014
- Fortifying ourselves for 2023: Six key takeaways from DLA Piper’s D&I Product Liability Symposium, 01 November 2022
- Six Overlooked Steps to Survive Trial by Fire, ABA Practice Points, 30 November 2022
- Advancing Menstrual Health, Education and Economic Progress: A Comparative Study, DLA Piper & New Perimeter, 2022
- Screening Syndromes Out: Updating the International “Genocide” Vernacular for a Changing Technological Age, 45 N.C. J. Int’l L. 163 (2020)
- "2 Pro Bono Fellows Usher In DLA Piper Program's 10th Year," Law360, February 16, 2021
EXTERNSHIP AND PRIOR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE