Justine advises both local and international companies on various aspects of employment law including drafting and reviewing documents, contracts, policies and procedures.
Areas of FocusEmploymentData Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Advising a global automotive engineering company on an ongoing basis on various areas of employment law, including drafting a memorandum of advice on disciplinary processes, drafting mutual separation agreements, and dealing with litigation arising out of a workplace injury.
- Advising a global ridesharing and food delivery company on the processes and procedures for both forced and voluntary redundancies due to operational requirements and drafting a memorandum of advice related to the right to work requirements for drivers.
- Advising a non-governmental educational and learnership organization on the requirements for compliance with employment equity legislation in South Africa.
- Advising one of the world’s largest machinery distributors on the dual process of removal from the board of a director and his dismissal as an employee for misconduct in the form of sexual harassment, which involved arbitration in the CCMA and litigation in the Labour Court.
- Advising an international provider of shared work space in relation to all aspects of South African employment law, including advice related to the employer’s responsibility for the health and safety of its employees, the preparation of company secretarial documents including registration of directors and auditors, and reviewing and localizing employment contracts.
- Advising a multinational bank on all aspects of the employment relationship from recruitment to termination.
- Advising a multinational insurance company on all aspects of employment law including all employer obligations for health and safety in relation to employees during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Advising a government entity on compliance with POPIA and conducting a comparison of POPIA with GDPR.
- Advising a global logistics company on the compliance requirements for all of its internally- and externally-managed IT systems in South Africa.
- Advising companies on pre-screening checks such as criminal, background checks and credit tests during the recruitment process.
- Data Protection: Law, Regulation and Policy, The London School of Economics, 2020
- University of Cape Town, LLB, 2017
- Wits Business School, Post-Graduate Diploma in Management, 2012
University of Johannesburg, BA, 2005
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 recommended Justine for employment
+27 (0)11 302 0846
+27 (0)66 471 4858