Maika Kawaguchi practices in the area of M&A, joint ventures, corporate finance, and general corporate matters.
- Advised Japanese clients as well as foreign clients on cross border M&A deals.
- Advised foreign clients on compliance, employment and other day-to-day corporate transactional matters. Being seconded to an AdTech company and provide advice on data and privacy issues.
- Advised foreign fund operators to obtain registrations under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act and provided other legal support for their inbound investment deals.
- Advised a sponsor company for their wind power project finance deals in Japan.
- Advised a Japanese financial service company for its investment in Vietnam.
- Acted as a compliance officer for an investment management business company.
- The University of Michigan Law School; LL.M., 2017
- Keio University; B.A., 2003
- 2014-2021, Associate, US based international law firm
- 2008-2014, Associate, Japanese law firm
- 2006-2008, Associate, Japan based international law firm