Claire KermondShe/herSenior Associate
Claire's principal areas of practice include technology based projects, business process outsourcing, software licensing arrangements, intellectual property issues including brand protection and issues under the Australian Consumer Law, privacy, data protection and cyber security.
- Advising a large insurance group on a major outsourcing project including development and documentation of commercial arrangements.
- Advising a variety of global, regional and local clients in the retail and technology sectors in relation to compliance with Australian privacy laws and associated regulatory issues including potential impacts of consumer protection laws and data protection implications.
- Assisting on the development and restatement of procurement and outsourcing arrangements for various government departments.
- Advising a bank in relation to a number of arrangements with fintech entities providing innovative applications and data services.
- Assisting on the strategic development of documentation in relation to a large technology outsourcing arrangement for a large Australian bank.
- Advising on distribution arrangements for a range of products including for an innovative company in the energy sector.
- Assisting on the intellectual property, brand, data protection and privacy aspects of corporate acquisitions including due diligence on software developers and technology companies.
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Laws, 2015
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Arts – International, Relations and Politics, Ancient History, 2015
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of New South Wales