Gail KevilleLegal Director
Gail Keville practices in Real Estate with particular focus on residential development (including housing regeneration) and out of town retail development.
She also has extensive experience in property portfolio management and commercial and residential site set ups. Her clients include residential developers, public sector bodies and major institutional investors.
- Acting for a local authority disposing of land for residential development by a mixture of freehold and leasehold sale with contracts dealing with planning conditionality, affordable housing conditionality, third party land drainage conditionality, overage and complex price negotiations related to site abnormals
- Acting for residential developers involved in regeneration of sites earmarked for development under the former HMRI scheme. These contractual arrangements typically involve a master overarching agreement for a phased development of various sites with pre-conditions to draw down of each parcel and including payment of land value by different methods including upfront or staged payments and overage linked to end sales. In addition Gail drafts the standard plot sale documentation for the individual sites
- Acting for a pension fund in the management and re-development of its out of town retail parks. This included negotiating conditional development agreements (planning, pre-lets, surrender, licensing) with new occupiers to the park and also conditional agreements for surrender and grant of new leases with existing occupiers. The latest scheme involved relocating four existing tenants on the park and leases to four new tenants all of which were interlinked in terms of conditionality. The agreements provided for new buildings and conversion of existing buildings and required balancing of the interests of both landlord developer and tenant
- Advising Halton Borough Council on the real estate aspects of the Mersey Gateway project including negotiating agreements with the owners of the River Mersey bed to build and retain the bridge structure over the same
- Leeds University, BA Hons, French and Spanish, 1992
- Chester College of Law, CPE, 1993
- Chester College of Law, LPC, 1994