Danielle KhalafSenior Associate
Danielle Khalaf is a litigation lawyer that practices in the areas of insurance and litigation. Her practice has a particular focus of professional indemnity disputes and complex commercial disputes.
Danielle is experienced in advising those involved in the insurance industry including insurers on issues involving indemnity and policy interpretation, and insured professionals, including construction professionals.
In her construction practice, Danielle has defended a range of construction professionals including engineers, architects, builders and building surveyors in complex multi-party infrastructure and engineering disputes. Danielle acts for construction professionals involved in a wide range of projects including projects involving large scale hotels, apartments, religious temples, school buildings, shopping centres and residential developments.
In addition to her construction practice, Danielle is an experienced complex commercial dispute lawyer that both prosecutes and defends commercial disputes. Danielle is experienced in both prosecuting and defending claims involving regulators, large multi-national corporations, and high net-worth individuals in disputes including acquisition disputes and oppression disputes.
- David Thurin & Anor v Krongold Constructions (Aust) Pty Ltd & Ors
- Acting for ASIC in relation to its proceeding against ANZ for its alleged misrepresentations to credit card consumers [ongoing].
- Acting for Waterlogic in Waterlogic Australia Holdings Pty Ltd & Anor v Aqueduct Nominees Pty Ltd as Trustee for the Gadsden Family Trust & Ors in an acquisition dispute.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 for Construction and Infrastructure – 2020.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Australian Insurance Law Association
- Member, Women in Insurance