Siffat Khanshe/herSenior Associate
Siffat is a senior associate in DLA’s financial services regulatory practice and has been at DLA Piper since December 2022. She provides UK and EU regulatory advice to FCA-regulated entities, sponsors, investors, FMIs, platforms, banks and regulators.
Siffat has a special interest in ESG and sustainable finance.
She has also written articles financial services regulatory topics on ESG and new fund regimes as well as contributed to commentary provided by the firm on more general regulatory developments.
- Advised a European and a US entity on their respective obligations under MiFID II, EMIR, MAR and IFPR.
- Advised a regulator on margin-trading in its operational rules and assisted with drafting of its rulebooks.
- Regularly advises on PERG issues for a wide range of corporate clients.
- Developed an ESG product for clients including asset managers, insurers, PRA-regulated firms, listed companies, pension funds, financial advisers and FMIs.*
- Fund formation and regulatory advice to sponsors and investors for private equity and retail funds including co-invest structures.*
- Advised a general partner launching a Jersey SPV on financial promotions, PRIIPS, UK NPPR and drafted investor questionnaires in connection with investors opting up.*
- Drafted bespoke agreements for fund managers and FMIs including private placement, introducer, variation and initial margin agreements.*
- Advised a global asset manager on EMEA, APAC and US regulatory developments impacting its funds, specifically MiFID II, ESG and sustainable finance, the Global FX Code, global risk free rates and shareholder rights.*
- Advised a UK FCA regulated firm on responses to RFIs and s166 skilled persons reviews.*
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated platform agreements for a global custodian and US asset manager involving a digital platform trading FX and a liquidity portal hosting MMFs.*
- Advised a global custodian on the rollout of its SFTR service to over 90 clients entering into securities lending transactions and cash repos.*
*Denotes experience at another firm
- University of London, International LPC, Commendation, 2015
- City, University of London, BPTC, Law, Very Competent, 2012
Queen Mary University of London, LLM, Merit, 2011
Queen Mary University of London, LLB, First, 2010
Publications and media
- Climate-related disclosures for asset managers by the FCA, May 2022
- Exposure Drafts: Proposed climate and general sustainability disclosures, May 2022
- Investment fund insights: Professional Investor Funds, May 2022
- The UK's new Long-Term Asset Fund (LTAF), June 2022
- New asset-holding fund regime live from 1 April 2022, September 2022
- FCA response to ISSB exposure drafts, September 2022
Siffat has advised fund administrators, custodians, depositaries and fund managers on UK and EU financial services regulation. She provided transactional support and regulatory advice on UK funds including open and closed-ended funds, private equity, venture capital and retail funds.
Her role prior to DLA was in investment funds at a City firm. Her experience in the financial services sector includes working client-side for a global asset manager and in-house for a global custodian bank and an investment bank.