Sibu has experience advising on a wide range of contractual, corporate and commercial matters, including compliance monitoring, commercial litigation, reviewing and advising on legislation. Sibu has provided opinions on a variety of subjects, covering intellectual property, funding and corporate governance.
- Advising the sole bookrunner, Investec Limited in an equity raise of R680 million for Afrimat limited shares.
- Advising a Mauritian solar energy company on the merger of its investments in 5 African countries with those of another Mauritian solar energy company through the establishment of, and transfer of their respective businesses to, a newly incorporated Mauritian company.
- Acted for Efficient Group in its delisting from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and its scheme of arrangement. Advised regarding new memorandum of incorporation and shareholders agreement with the introduction of a private equity group as a shareholder and provided legal guidance in respect of the JSE’s delisting requirements and scheme of arrangement process. Drafting profit share agreement and sale of shares agreement in respect of additional subscribers of Efficient shares post its delisting from the JSE. *
- Acted for a global organisation in establishing Fall Creek South Africa, a blueberry nursery. Assisted with negotiations in respect of purchasing a farm in the Western Cape, drafting and reviewing agreements including employees transfer agreement and sale of land agreement. *
- Acted for an engineering consulting firm in its demerger from the Aurecon Group to become Zutari. Drafted and assisted with the SARB demerger application. Assisted with the updating of agreements including an implementation agreement. Assisted Zutari in purchasing the Middle East business from the Aurecon Group. *
- Acted for Zet-Zet-Twee Bestuursmaatskappy (ZZ2) in respect of an acquisition of a shareholding in Bismarck Irrigation and Development and in respect of another company in the agricultural sector. *
- University of KwaZulu Natal (Pietermaritzburg Campus), LLB, 2015
- University of Cape Town, Certificate, Management Compliance, 2019
- Sibu joined another South African law firm as a candidate attorney in January 2016 where she completed her articles and worked as an Associate. Sibu joined DLA Piper in January 2021.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises on Pan-African Starsight Energy and SolarAfrica Energy merger
25 September 2022 .3 minute read