Sibusile KhusiSenior Associate
Sibu has experience advising on a wide range of contractual, corporate and commercial matters. She has provided opinions on a variety of subjects including the commercialisation of intellectual property, exchange control, and corporate governance. Sibu has also advised on corporate restructurings, corporate governance as well as on general commercial legal matters. She has also been exposed to areas of equity capital markets and mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising the sole bookrunner, Investec Limited in an equity raise of R680 million for Afrimat limited shares.
- Advising a Mauritian solar energy company on the merger of its investments in 5 African countries with those of another Mauritian solar energy company through the establishment of, and transfer of their respective businesses to, a newly incorporated Mauritian company.
- Advising FirstRand Limited on the ZAR4.5 billion repurchase of its ”B” variable rate non-cumulative, non-redeemable preference shares.
- Advising Dealview Technologies Limited in relation to its equity investment into Dealview by Morningstar Inc.
- Advising EOH on its capital raising, comprising of a renounceable rights offer made to EOH’s qualifying shareholders and specific issue for cash to its BEE shareholder.
- Advising Value Capital Partners on its disposal of shares in Grand Parade Investments Limited, a gaming company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
- Advising Efficient Group Limited (Efficient) in respect of the acquisition by Apis (UK) of a controlling interest in Efficient and the subsequent delisting of Efficient from the JSE Limited.*
- Acted for a global organisation in establishing Fall Creek South Africa, a blueberry nursery. Assisted with negotiations in respect of purchasing a farm in the Western Cape, drafting and reviewing agreements including employees transfer agreement and sale of land agreement.*
- Advising Aurecon Africa on its demerger from Aurecon Group and establishing a new independent African business under the name “Zutari”.*
- Acted for Zet-Zet-Twee Bestuursmaatskappy (ZZ2) on:
- its group restructure and buy-out of minority shareholders*
- its joint venture with Criterion African Partners.*
- University of KwaZulu Natal (Pietermaritzburg Campus), LLB, 2015
- University of Cape Town, Certificate, Management Compliance, 2019
- Sibu joined another South African law firm as a candidate attorney in January 2016 where she completed her articles and worked as an Associate. Sibu joined DLA Piper in January 2021.