Karin KirschnerLegal Director
Karin Kirschner is a corporate finance lawyer with specific experience in equity capital market transactions on the London Stock Exchange; both AIM and main market. She has acted for banks and corporates on IPOs, rights issues, placings, block trades and demergers, and also assists on Listing Rule transactions such as Class 1 and Related Party transactions. She also advises companies (targets or bidders) in respect of takeovers subject to the UK Code on Takeovers and Mergers. In addition, Karin is a member of DLA Piper's Boardroom Advisory Service, providing guidance to Boards and Company Secretaries of listed companies in respect of disclosure and other continuing obligations and duties, and wider corporate governance issues.
Karin was seconded with the ECM EMEA legal team at Citigroup for nine months in 2009. In 2014, she was recognised as a Rising Star at Euromoney Legal Media Group's Europe Women in Business Law Awards 2014 for her work on a number of high profile equity capital market transactions. The awards recognise women who are seen as leading the field in the legal sector across Europe. She has also been ranked by Legal 500 2019/2020 as a rising star in Equity Capital Markets in respect of both Small-Mid Cap and Mid-Large Cap categories.
- Advising the main market listed Manx Telecom plc on its takeover by the infrastructure fund Basalt Infrastructure Partners by way of a GBP225 million cash offer implemented by a scheme of arrangement.
- Advising the AIM listed Lighthouse Group plc on its takeover by Intrinsic Financial Services Limited by way of a GBP46.2 million cash offer implemented by a scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Numis Securities Limited as broker to two block trades for the Shoby Investments Partnership in respect of the main market listed Motorpoint plc.
- Advising Begbies Traynor Group plc, the AIM listed business recovery, financial advisory and property services consultancy on its GBP8.3 million placing to fund its pipeline opportunities.
- Advising the main listed Allied Minds plc on the disposal of its entire shareholding in HawkEye, Inc. and an associated court approved reduction of capital.
- Advising Mothercare plc, baby and maternity retailer, on
- its GBP32.5 million placing and open offer on the main market of the London Stock Exchange, as part of its restructuring programme; and
- its disposal of its Early Learning Business to The Entertainer.
- Advising Harworth Group plc on the placing on the main market of the London Stock Exchange raising proceeds to accelerate expansion of its strategic land bank, and the subsequent step-up from the standard to the premium segment.
- Advising Canaccord Genuity, Stifel Nicolaus and Peel Hunt who acted as joint bookrunners in relation to the Placing of up to 68 million shares in IQE PLC to raise circa GBP100 million. IQE is a leading global supplier of advanced wafer products and wafer services to the semiconductor industry.
- Acting for Zeus Capital as nomad and underwriter in the AIM IPO of On The Market.com, a residential property search portal supported by more than 4,000 estate agents across the UK. The transaction required a complex pre-IPO reorganization to convert from a company limited by guarantee, implemented by way of two court-approved schemes of arrangement.
- Advising John Menzies plc on:
- the acquisition of ASIG Holdings, Inc from BBA plc and its associated GBP75.2 million fundraising;
- the disposal of its print media distribution business, Menzies Distribution Limited, to funds managed by Endless LLP; and
- the proposed removal of preference shares from its share capital by way of a court approved reduction of capital.
- Advising Liberum Capital plc on the placing and open offer on the main market by Sepura plc.
- University of Nottingham, BSc (Genetics)
- Nottingham Law School, PgDL (Commendation) and LPC (First)
- Rated by Legal 500 2019/2020 as Rising Star for Equity Capital Markets: small-mid cap and large-mod-cap
- Recommended by Legal 500 2018/2019 for Equity Capital Markets
- Recognised by Legal 500 2018/2019 as a Notable practitioner for Flotations: small and mid-cap
- Awarded "Rising Star: Finance" by Europe Women in Business Law Awards, 2014
- 2015 - present: Senior Associate, DLA Piper
- 2007 - 2015: Senior Associate, London office of a multinational law firm
- 2004 - 2007: Associate, London office of a multinational law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member and volunteer for Reprieve, the human rights organisation