Rachel Knight concentrates her practice in the areas of joint venture and real estate investment, real estate financing, acquisitions and dispositions, hospitality, corporate real estate services, the real estate aspects of mergers and acquisitions, and development.
Rachel's practice includes advising clients on joint venture formation, transaction strategy, purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, financing and development strategy.
Rachel routinely represents clients in the U.S. and internationally, involving diverse asset classes, including, hotels, branded residences, office, mixed-use development, health care real estate, industrial, multi-family and vacant land.
In addition, Rachel also represents borrowers, financial institutions and investors in general secured real estate financings.
- Represented a developer in two separate (but related) joint ventures for the multi-phase development of a ski resort, including the negotiation of various purchase agreements, contribution agreements, development management agreements and a sales and marketing license agreement.
- Represented a large U.S. corporation on multiple multi-million dollar acquisitions of industrial properties located in numerous states across the U.S.
- Represented a timberland owner/manager on a US$300 million sale of over 150 thousand acres of timberlands across multiple different states, involving extensive, specialized due diligence review, as well as substantial negotiations between the parties to finalize over 100 documents for closing.
- Represented a purchaser in the US$385 million purchase of an office park, including negotiation of the purchase agreement and extensive due diligence review.
- Represented an investor in a joint venture for the development and sale of residential properties throughout the U.S.
- Represented a seller in the disposition of an apartment complex located in Illinois.
- Represented a lender in the financing of an apartment complex located in Montana.
- Represented a developer in the development of a multi-brand resort consisting of two hotels and three sets of branded condos and residences. This involved the negotiation of multiple sets of documents (including the formation of multiple homeowners' associations and multiple layers of covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs)) and submittal of such documents to the California Department of Real Estate for obtaining conditional and final public reports.
- Represented a luxury hotel brand in the first-time development of branded residences, including the creation and negotiation of various related forms such as a Sales and Marketing License Agreement, Technical Services Agreement, Hotel Amenities Membership Agreement, CC&Rs, etc.
- Represented a hotel developer in the sale of a former hotel site and related non-traditional residence sites.
- Represented a developer in the construction and sale of branded residences, including negotiation with the related brand, investors and purchasers on various documents.
- Represented a joint venture made up of multiple non-U.S. companies in the negotiation of a hotel management agreement for a hotel located in the Middle East.
- Represented an adventure hotel brand in the negotiation of a hotel management agreement for a hotel located in Utah.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University
- B.A., Asian Studies, University of Texas
- B.A., Chinese, University of Texas
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), San Francisco
- Member, Urban Land Institute