James has over thirty years’ experience advising in real estate sector. He has acted for sovereign wealth funds, investment funds, real estate private equity investors, developers, family offices and corporate occupiers both in the UK and around Europe. James is one of the pioneers of European multi-jurisdiction real estate transactions.
James has worked with investors from Asia Pacific and the Americas investing into Europe as well as European investors investing in the UK.
James has worked on some of the largest UK and European real estate transactions over the last thirty years covering most asset classes including:
- Large portfolio sales and leasebacks both in the UK and Europe.
- Forward funding transactions.
- Large corporate occupier transactions.
- Corporate wrapper and asset purchase transactions.
- Joint ventures.
- Guildford College of Law 1985
- Bristol University 2:1 LLP 1984
- Chambers UK Senior Statesperson
- 1999 to 2010 Partner London magic circle law firm.
- 2010 to 2022 partner London silver circle law firm.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Meyler Campbell qualified executive coach 2020