Jamie M. KonnPartner
Jamie Konn is a dynamic employment lawyer responsible for managing the full range of labor and employment needs of the firm’s clients in the Southeast. At any given time, he is handling all employment-related aspects of multiple mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions, advising some of the largest and most successful national and global companies on how to defend themselves from strategic union campaigns, litigating fast-paced restrictive covenants cases, and counseling his clients through day-to-day questions and crises.
Jamie balances his practice between federal and state employment law matters and labor relations matters. He regularly advises clients on various issues related to managing their workforce (e.g., executive engagement and terminations, restrictive covenants, and federal and state law compliance), represents clients in labor-management disputes, advises and implements strategies on behalf of clients subject to union corporate campaigns, and counsels corporate and private equity clients on employment matters in connection with the full range of corporate transactions. As part of his practice, he represents clients before state and federal trial and appellate courts, administrative agencies (e.g., DOL, EEOC and NLRB), and in arbitration on matters arising under federal and state employment laws.
Jamie is a founding member of the Strategic Campaign Team, a part of DLA Piper's global Employment group. The Strategic Campaign Team assists companies subject to global and national union strategic campaigns by coordinating DLA Piper's global resources and executing a comprehensive response on a national and global basis. The team helps clients develop and execute strategies to manage such campaigns by identifying and evaluating campaign-related conduct, coordinating a response, engaging with shareholders and government policymakers, implementing effective media strategies, advising companies on the application of various international documents, conventions and guidelines, and using local laws and litigation to combat disruptive activity.
Jamie’s clients cover the full range, from early stage companies, to venture capital, to private equity funds and their portfolio companies, to Fortune 100 companies. His clients also come from various industries, such as construction, transportation, retail, hotels, software, insurance and healthcare.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School
Order of the Coif
magna cum laude
- B.A., Psychology, Tufts University
- Co-Author, “Key Federal Court Broadens Whistleblower Protection,” March 13, 2017
- Co-Author, “Lateral Thinking for Government Contractors: Complying Smartly with Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order,” September 12, 2016
- Co-Author, "Employment Law for the 21st Century: Litigating Computer Fraud and Abuse Act Claims," Bloomberg Law, August 11, 2017
- Author, "Analytics and ... Employment Law?," The Labor Dish, September 15, 2014
- Co-Author, "Sarbanes-Oxley Act Covers Public Companies' Contractors and Subsidiaries," Be Global USA, April 2014
- Author, "WHO DAT?," The Labor Dish, January 21, 2014
- Co-Author, “The High Cost of Unpaid Interns” Law a la Mode, Autumn 2013
- Global Strategic Union Campaigns: The New Rules of Engagement, London, June 24, 2015
Memberships And Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, Advisory Council
- Leadership Georgia (Class of 2018)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises the Wicks Group of Companies in the US$638 million sale of Sontiq to...
26 October 2021 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Abry Partners in US$400 million sale of Sentry Data Systems
15 July 2021 .3 minute read