Karol KuterekJunior Associate
Karol Kuterek advises clients on matters related to data protection, intellectual property and telecommunications law. He advises on developing strategies for the regulatory-compliant use of data and preparing the required documentation, particularly for clients in the technology and financial sectors. He is involved in drafting legal opinions, data processing agreements and privacy policies. Karol has experience advising on international data transfers and personal data breaches. He is also experienced in advising both cloud service providers and businesses migrating data to the cloud. Karol advises on software commercialization and licensing contracts most often for clients in the technology sector. He also assists clients in media, sports, entertainment and fashion sectors in matters involving copyright, trademark and other intellectual property infringements. He advises clients in the telecommunications sector on issues related to obtaining general authorisation for the provision of electronic communications networks or services, assessing the availability and obtaining the rights of use for radio frequencies, and fulfilling regulatory obligations. He also has experience advising on the IP, IT and data protection aspects of M&A transactions.
- Advising major Polish and international banks on issues related to personal data protection.
- Advising major international electronic communications companies on market entry in Poland and compliance with the local laws, including obtaining general authorizations and frequency reservations.
- Advising CIM-mes Projekt on intellectual property issues related to development and commercialization of particle modelling software ordered by the European Space Agency to be used in current and future missions (e.g. EL3, E3P).
- Advising a major international company on drafting a comprehensive intra-group data transfer agreement regulating data flows between several dozen group companies worldwide.
- Advising a major automotive manufacturer on data protection and regulatory issues related to development of autonomous vehicles.
- Advising a major international technology company on the launch of cloud services in Poland.
- Advising a major international media company on the launch of a video streaming service in Poland.
- Advising a major sports league on issues related to copyright protection of sports transmissions.
- Advising an Italian food manufacturers association on issues related to an infringement of a Protected Designation of Origin in Poland, including filing opposition to the registration of an infringing trade mark in the Polish Patent Office.
- Advising a major toy and entertainment company on issues related to copyright, trademark and industrial design infringements concerning wide portfolio of the company’s products.
- Advising a Polish manufacturing company on issues related to a utility model infringement, including advising during the pre-trial stage, litigation before the IP court in Warsaw and preparation of the out-of-court settlement.
- Advising a professional physicians association on issues related to copyright and database protection.
- Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, Master of Laws, 2023
- Università degli Studi di Genova, Erasmus+ Programme, 2019-2020
- February 2023 - present, Junior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- July 2022 - January 2023, Paralegal, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- September 2021 - June 2022, Intern, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- February 2021 – August 2021, Intern, Polish boutique IP law firm, Warsaw