Vipul LadwaSenior Associate
Vipul Ladwa focuses on technology and intellectual property driven contracts, both litigious and non-litigious, ranging from advising tech start-ups through to managing IPT litigation for established companies litigating in the High Court.
Vipul worked as NCH Corporation's European Legal Counsel prior to joining DLA Piper in December 2014. Working at NCH, Vipul developed broad international corporate and commercial experience, having advised on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters, including drafting and negotiating a wide-range of commercial contracts, agency and distribution agreements, complex IP licences, product liability and unfair competition matters.
At DLA Piper, Vipul has become a trusted advisor to major clients such as the Premier League, Dyson, Magic Leap, GKN plc and Rolls-Royce to name a few. Vipul's primary focus is working with technology clients and has played a pivotal role advising start-ups and established companies alike in helping ensure that their IT service contracts do not lag behind the evolution of cutting-edge technology being adopted.
Vipul has broad international commercial experience having worked in Belgium, Denmark, Greece, France, Spain and Sweden with key stakeholders to implement process change.
- Advising clients in the automotive sector on the overhaul of their direct and indirect procurement contracts in the order to bring about consistency and contractual clarity - formulating a contract review strategy, drafting and negotiating contracts with suppliers from various sectors such as transport, chemicals, oils and greases, consumables, OEM parts, etc.
- Advising technology & engineering and banking clients on transofrmative large scale outsourcing and strategic sourcing projects involving critical business functions such as F&A and IT (infrastruction and end user computing) - negotiating related MSAs and service orders with well-known outsourcing service providers, and advising on resource delivery programmes.
- Advising a major telecoms client on the supply of a fully managed, cloud hosted telephony solution, playing a strategic role in both negotiations and drafting.
- Advising The Football Association Premier League on copyright infringement of their logos and graphics in football matches, and on linked EU competition law issues.
- Drafting an European Commission public consultation response on the IP Enforcement Directive, and advising on the section 72 amendment of CDPA 1988 (film works).
- Litigating a high profile trade mark infringement claim in the High Court relating to Disney's Frozen graphics - advising client on trademark infringement and strategic aspects of litigation.
- Advising on NTT Data's acquisition of Perot Systems (Dell) - transaction value $3.5bn. Conducting and reporting on global IP searches, drafting bidirectional transition services agreements and leading a global data privacy filing project.
- Advising UNICEF on their cross-border IP rights and exiting from a sponsorship arrangement with its commercial partner, involving sensitive negotiation around assigning IP rights to UNICEF and related commercial issues.
- Conducting IP audits for reputable FTSE 100 technology and online retail companies, and structuring implementation strategies to realise discernible efficiencies that have positively impacted their bottom line.
- University of Leicester, BA Economics and Law, College of Law, 2009
- University of Leicester, BA Economics and Law, LPC 2010