Head of Tax, Hong Kong
Anderson Lam focuses on Hong Kong and cross-border corporate commercial and tax work.
Anderson has extensive experience in advising local and international clients in structuring their business operations in a legally compliant and tax-efficient manner. This involves cross-border legal and tax planning, as well as structure implementation and helping multinational clients to establish a local presence in Asia. He regularly advises international and local corporate clients in legal and tax compliance, operation and implementation reviews, handling field audits and tax investigations, as well as post audit/investigation corporate and operational restructuring.
Anderson also advises on cross-border commercial and corporate transactions, often requiring him to be the coordinator for counsels from various jurisdictions within Asia. Since many clients are in the retail sector, Anderson regularly advises them on retail issues such as product liability, after-sales customer service and personal data.
- Advising on the acquisition of a group of companies engaged in the mobile / internet content business (including games, apps and comics, etc.) in China, including advice on VIE structure to be implemented, appropriate re-structuring and subsequent disposal of material interest in the re-structured group to a new JV partner
- Advising a leading global security company on changes to, and assisting with, the implementation of the proposed tax driven restructuring of one of its marine divisions, involving six jurisdictions in Asia, including tax and legal aspects in Hong Kong
- Advising the subsidiary of a leading search engine and internet services provider in China which is listed on NASDAQ, on their proposed JV with an online game provider in relation to the distribution and promotion of online games
- Advising a multinational toy company on the Hong Kong aspects of their proposed conversion business model, including tax and customs-related issues, as well as SAP implementation
- Advising a leading global electronic components supplier on the strategy and implementation of a proposed tax driven global restructuring, as well as cross-border staff tax issues and tax equalisation
- Advising a global sportswear company on the establishment of its e-commerce website for Hong Kong and China
- Advising a leading global watch company on an online promotional campaign in Hong Kong
- Advising a leading global consumer electronics company on its online sales operations in Hong Kong and China
- Advising a leading Greater China wine distributor on its e-commerce platform in Hong Kong and China
- Advising a leading global apparel company on its China e-commerce platform in Hong Kong
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- King's College, University of London; LL.B. (Honours)
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- A quarterly review of significant PRC and Hong Kong tax developments Issue 2, 2013, Tax Newsletter (Asia), 11 Sep 2013
- A review of significant PRC and Hong Kong tax developments, Tax Newsletter (Asia), 31 Dec 2012
- A review of PRC and Hong Kong tax development, Tax Newsletter (Asia), 30 Sep 2012