Oksana Lashko practices in the areas of corporate restructuring and bankruptcy. She represents debtors, creditors and investors in a broad range of matters, including Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court restructurings, cross-border insolvency matters, bankruptcy-related acquisitions and insolvency sensitive transactions and investments.
Oksana also advises clients on transactions involving multiple tiers of debt capitalization requiring complex intercreditor arrangements, syndicated leveraged transactions, acquisition financings, and debtor-in-possession and exit financings. She has represented a diverse range of clients in some of the most complex, high stakes restructurings spanning numerous industries, a sampling of which includes consumer, retail, technology, shipping, oil and gas, mining, energy, automotive, manufacturing, sports and financial services.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of creditors of a full-service real estate company in connection with the restructuring of the company’s secured and unsecured debt.
- Represented a postpetition lender in a Chapter 11 case of an independent exploration and production company with a gas focused asset base.
- Represented the Oﬃcial Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a Chapter 11 case of an Alaskan air carrier.
- Represented the Oﬃcial Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a Chapter 11 case of a large, small engine producer and leading manufacturer of power generation, lawn and garden turf products.
- Represented a trust established as part of the PG&E’s 2019 Chapter 11 case.
- Represented the unsecured noteholders in connection with the $2.1 billion debt restructuring of a leading oil and natural gas extraction and production company.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of unsecured noteholders of large omni-channel luxury fashion retailers, in connection with a recapitalization transaction involving the exchange of unsecured notes into a new series of third-lien notes and preferred equity in a German luxury online retailer and the issuance of new second lien notes.
- Represented an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders of a Canada-based oil and gas E&P company in pre-arranged restructuring transactions pursuant to a corporate plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of term loan lenders of an automotive supplies company in connection with its restructuring of secured and unsecured debt in its Chapter 11 case, including in connection with its DIP and exit ﬁnancing facilities.
- Represented a secured lender of a leading container shipping company in its out-of-court restructuring of multiple debt facilities representing $2.2 billion of debt.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of bondholders of a Mexican-based provider of offshore drilling units in the oil and gas industry in its out-of-court restructuring of over $900 million of secured debt obligations issued pursuant to Norwegian law.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of bondholders in the Chapter 11 case of a U.K.-based provider of offshore drilling units in the oil and gas industry in connection with its restructuring of over $2 billion in secured and unsecured debt obligations.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of noteholders and postpetition lenders in connection with the company’s prepetition restructuring efforts and subsequent Chapter 11 case.
- Represented an agent bank and a steering lender committee in the Chapter 11 case of an international container shipping company.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of lenders of a Norwegian shipping company in its out-of-court restructuring of over $1 billion of debt obligations.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of noteholders of a subsidiary of a major oil shipping company in its restructuring through a prepackaged Chapter 11 case.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of noteholders of a Jones Act-registered shipping company in its out-of-court restructuring and structuring of post-restructuring ﬁnancing.
- Represented the senior and junior agents for the postpetition lenders of a leading global supplier of intermediate products for the composites and coatings industry, and certain of its US aﬃliates, in their Chapter 11 cases, including in connection with its DIP ﬁnancing facilities.
- Represented an ad hoc group of lenders, and later the successor administrative agent, under a shipping company’s $1.2 billion secured credit facility in connection with the company’s prepackaged Chapter 11 case, including in connection with DIP and exit ﬁnancing facilities.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of senior secured bondholders of a large Norway-based shipping company in connection with an out- of-court exchange of $400 million in senior secured debt to equity and post-restructuring financing.
- Represented a financial services organization as agent for the prepetition senior lenders in the Chapter 11 case of a multimedia company.
- Represented an ad hoc group of secured lenders in a cross-border restructuring of a U.K.-based supply chain management company, where in a two part out-of-court exchange, the company eliminated approximately €1.3 billion of consolidated net debt, reduced its cash interest expense by over €130 million and received cumulative new capital commitments of over €230 million for investment in its business plan.
- Represented a German bank as administrative agent for the lenders to a leading real estate developer in connection with the restructuring and reﬁnancing of the company’s $1.7 billion senior secured credit facility.
- Represented the agent bank in pulp and paper company cross-border cases in the US and Canada.
- Represented the agent bank in a subordination dispute with creditors and several ad hoc committees in the Chapter 11 case of a beverage manufacturer.
- Represented Major League Baseball in a Chapter 11 case of a member club team.
- Represented a sports league properties company in numerous bankruptcy cases in connection with intellectual property issues.
- Represented a large North American producer of printing and specialty papers and pulps as special counsel in connection with ﬁnancing matters in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented a printing company of commercial and educational materials in a 363 sale of its assets.
- Represented a leading textbook publisher in the negotiation, ﬁling and consummation of a prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization plan that eliminated approximately $3.1 billion in debt and $250 million in annual interest costs with the company emerging from Chapter 11 in a mere 32 days.
- Represented a provider of ﬁnancial clearing services and related operational and technology products in its restructuring efforts with two groups of bondholders that together were owed nearly $280 million and its subsequent liquidating Chapter 11 case in Delaware, which included a sale of its operating subsidiary as a going-concern to a Canadian ﬁnancial services cooperative.
- Represented a quick serve restaurant franchisor in its out-of-court debt restructuring and recapitalization.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School
summa cum laude
- B.A., Colgate University
- The Legal 500 US, Finance – Restructuring (including Bankruptcy): Corporate, 2021
- "Enhancing Creditor Recovery: Should Services be Deemed 'Property' for the Purpose of Fraudulent Transfer Law?" 72 Brooklyn L. Rev. 317 (Fall 2006)