Sally LawOf Counsel
Sally Law is a real estate finance lawyer, with experience advising bank and fund lenders, as well as sponsors, on Hong Kong and cross border real estate financing transactions (including limited recourse loans, direct lending, fund financings, non-performing loans, special situations and mezzanine debts).
Sally is a native Cantonese speaker, speaks fluent English and Mandarin, and can read and write in English and Chinese. She regularly negotiates and drafts finance documents in Chinese in her PRC onshore and offshore real estate financing transactions.
- Advising a Hong Kong REIT manager in a US$560+ million refinancing of a commercial property in Beijing.
- Advising a global banking institution in a HK$4 billion and RMB400 million financing of an office building in Beijing.
- Advised a global investment management company in its HK$450+ million financing for the acquisition of a boutique hotel in Hong Kong to be redeveloped into a co-living building.
- Advised a Hong Kong-based real estate private equity investment firm in its RMB42+ million onshore and US$7 million refinancing from a Singaporean multinational bank for a Shanghai industrial property.
- Advised a global independent asset management firm in a US$150 million net asset value facility for one of its Asia real estate funds.
- Advised a global banking institution in arranging a US$125+ million offshore and RMB90 million onshore financing for a PRC property investment and development firm’s acquisition of a portfolio of PRC logistics properties.
- Advised a Hong Kong REIT manager in the GBP50 million refinancing of a portfolio of UK properties.
- Advised a global real estate investment management advisor in a potential US$50+ million debt financing and US$65+ million equity financing of an office development in Guangzhou sponsored by a PRC developer.
- Advised a Hong Kong-based real estate private equity investment firm in its joint venture investment into the acquisition of a portfolio of industrial building in Shanghai, and the onshore/offshore financing thereof.
- Advised a real estate investment fund in its US$50 million subscription facility with a multinational commercial bank.
- Advised a Singaporean bank in its subscription facility for a Hong Kong based private equity firm.
- Advised a global banking institution in a US$600 million onshore/offshore financing of a commercial property in Beijing.
- Advised a global institutional alternative investment management firm on a potential sale-leaseback of an office tower in the PRC for a PRC real estate developer, and a US$230+ million potential distressed debt investment into a PRC development project.
- Advised a leading global alternative investment management firm on a offshore financing for a Chinese developer for its acquisition and development of properties in a tier 3 city in China*.
- Advised a leading investment bank in a financing for an acquisition of onshore non-performing loan portfolios secured by properties in China*.
- Advised a global banking institution in a limited recourse financing of HK$6+ billion of a hotel in North Point to be redeveloped into a commercial property*.
- Advised a leading Canada-based real estate investment, development and management company on US$25 million offshore and RMB375 million onshore secured financings for the acquisitions of three PRC logistics properties by its joint venture with a leading US-based real estate investment management firm*.
- Advised a leading Singapore-based sovereign wealth fund on a HK$6.8 billion senior notes financing of a grade A office in Hong Kong*.
- Advised a leading global bank institution in a limited recourse US$350 million offshore and onshore secured syndicated financing for an acquisition of a hotel in Beijing to be redeveloped into an office building*.
- Advised a Switzerland-based investment bank on a US$250 million offshore financing of a retail property in Guangzhou intended to be directly secured by onshore security*.
- Advised a Switzerland-based investment bank in a financing for an acquisition of onshore non-performing loan portfolios secured by properties in China*.
- Advised a Hong Kong based real estate private equity firm on an offshore financing of US dollars equivalent of RMB815 million and an onshore financing of RMB2+ billion, to partially finance its acquisition of a Shanghai property*.
- Advised a Hong Kong based private equity firm on a HK$2.4 billion term loan facility for financing the construction cost of its residential buildings project in Macau and also its refinancing subsequently*.
- Advised a leading Hong Kong based private equity firm on offshore facility of US$570+ million and onshore facility of RMB700 million for refinancing their existing facilities backed by onshore property mortgage over a property in Beijing*.
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on US$200+ million term loan facility to PRC trust company for acquiring two Shanghai properties*.
- Advised a leading investment bank on a US$40 million term loan facility to a clean energy solutions development group for financing its existing and future capital expenditure and supplier invoices*.
- Advised a syndicate of international banks on onshore and offshore financings for an Asia-based property developer for its property development in Indonesia*.
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on a HK$3.7 billion term loan facility for financing a Chinese real estate group’s acquisition of various onshore construction projects*.
- Advised a private limited company on its financing for acquiring a target group which holds a shopping mall in Guangzhou and its refinancing*.
- Advised a leading Chinese bank on a HK$3.5 billion term loan facility to a Chinese real estate group for its acquisition of a commercial building in Wanchai*.
* Denotes previous experience
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- City University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 2011
- City University of Hong Kong, LLB, 2010
Prior to joining the firm, Sally worked in Hong Kong and London for other leading international firms during which she completed a half-year client secondment in the legal team of an international bank.
- Hong Kong