Christina is a Partner in the London office. She focuses on International Arbitration including specifically disputes in Russia, Asia and Eastern Europe.
Christina has represented clients in the energy, infrastructure, mining, transport, telecommunications and media sectors. She has a wealth of experience with leading arbitration institutions and rules, including LCIA, ICC, SCC, UNCITRAL and ICSID.
Prior to joining the London office Christina worked for 11 years in Russia including 4 years in DLA Piper's Moscow office.
- Acting for a Swiss manufacturer of smart electricity meters in relation to on-going SCC proceedings with a Stockholm seat concerning Swedish law remedies arising out of an existing arbitral award relating to the supply of smart meters to a distribution company in Sweden
- Acting in two separate SCC arbitrations with a Stockholm seat concerning the supply to, and transit of natural gas
- Representing an oil company in a US $50 million LCIA arbitration arising out of an English law governed contract relating to a 3D seismic survey in Iraq. The case culminated in a one week merits hearing and the issue of an award in favour of the client
- Advising the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic in respect of its interest in and dispute with Canadian gold mining company Centerra Gold Inc, owner of the Kumtor gold mine in the Tien Shan mountains of Kyrgyzstan
- Advising the fixed line telecommunications operator in a Balkan country in two ICC arbitrations with a Paris seat concerning claims of over EUR 120 million in relation to interconnection charges brought against it by mobile operators. The case was resolved successfully in favour of the client by way of settlement
- Advising a Russian oil company in an LCIA arbitration concerning a multi-million dollar claim for damages arising out of an English law contract for the reactivation and upgrade of a drill ship and the conduct of a drilling program offshore of Africa. The matter was resolved successfully through mediation leading to settlement in 2012 on favourable terms for the client
- Acting for a subsidiary of Russian state-owned gas company, Gazprom, in an SCC arbitration concerning the supply of gas to Hungary following the 2009 Ukrainian gas crisis. Obtained a final award in excess of US$ 500 million
- Acting for a subsidiary of Russian state-owned gas company, Gazprom, in a series of multi-billion dollar SCC arbitrations relating to the sale, storage and transit of natural gas through Ukraine to Europe. An award was issued in our client's favour in excess of US$ 2.1 billion, which was the largest award obtained in international arbitration in 2011, according to American Lawyer Magazine
- Acting for a European energy company in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings relating to a production sharing agreement and investment in the development of an offshore natural gas field
- Acting for a Russian financial-industrial conglomerate in obtaining a freezing injunction from the English High Court and in an LCIA arbitration relating to a stock purchase agreement and bribery issues. The case was resolved successfully in favour of the client by way of settlement
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2005
- College of Law, Postgraduate Diploma in Law, 2001
- University of Victoria, Canada, Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Russian studies and English literature, 1998
Memberships And Affiliations