Jen LeeLegal Assistant
Jen Lee supports the fintech and digital assets team in the Intellectual Property and Technology department.
Jen advises local and international corporations in fintech, digital assets and technology sectors on commercial, transactional and regulatory matters. Her current practice focuses on regulatory licensing and compliance advice in relation to digital assets, financial services and emerging technologies, as well as securities law and token structuring advice for investment advisors, crypto-asset exchanges, custodians, and issuers. Jen also has experience in data privacy, digital assets fund formation and general corporate matters.
Jen has a background in fintech and has worked with tier-1 financial institutions, governmental bodies and universities on various fintech initiatives and partnerships prior to joining the legal practice.
- Acting on behalf of a Hong Kong-based equity crowdfunding platform to liaise with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) on its licensing application.
- Advising a UK-based e-commerce company on the provision of its online shopping services in the PRC, including reviewing and drafting of its commercial agreements.
- Acting on behalf of a a global Fintech-as-a-Service company in the acquisition of a Hong Kong company offering an international trading platform for businesses, including conducting due diligence on data privacy and regulatory compliance matters, and providing support in connection with Hong Kong regulatory licenses held by the target company.
- Advising a video streaming platform on the issuance and governance of its new tokens with a view to address key legal and regulatory risks from a Hong Kong securities laws perspective.
- Advising a Hong Kong-based hedge fund manager and its spun-off entity on digital assets fund structuring and formation.
- Assisting a US-based asset manager in conducting corporate due diligence for a potential acquisition of a Hong Kong SFC-licensed entity.
- Assisting a global game publisher in conducting data privacy and intellectual property due diligence for its acquisition of Hong Kong entities.
- Advising a global healthcare group on the sale of its healthcare services business valued at US$1.2 billion and assisting in conducting corporate due diligence.
- Acting on behalf of a Hong Kong-based smart solutions provider to liaise with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority on the proposed transfer of its stored value facilities (SVF) licence as part of a broader business initiative and assessing commercially viable options for novation of ancillary agreements.
- Advising an international bank on its global data compliance project, including drafting of data privacy documents to be deployed to its APAC entities.
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 2020
- University of Hong Kong, BSS(GL) and LLB, 2019
- SFC's climate-related risks and enhanced ESG disclosure requirements for fund managers, 8 August 2022 (contributor without authorship)
- SFC and HKMA Joint Circular on intermediaries' virtual asset-related activities, 28 February 2022 (contributor without authorship)
- Cyberfrauds and Cyberattacks: Remote Working Posing Increased Risks and How to Stay Protected, 14 December 2020 (contributor without authorship)