Matthew W. LeivoPartner
Matt Leivo advises clients in a wide variety of transactions, many of them international, with ongoing representation of public and private technology, life sciences, healthcare and consumer-related companies, as well as private equity, venture capital and debt funds, in matters including mergers and acquisitions, public securities offerings, private equity and venture capital, corporate venture capital, joint ventures and debt finance. He also routinely advises clients on corporate governance, global expansion strategies and related issues, including employment, intellectual property and tax matters. In 2007 and 2008, Matt worked in DLA Piper's London office, where he advised companies on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings.
Mergers and Acquisitions Representations
- BAI Communications / Mobilitie in the acquisition of Signal Point Systems
- Biolandes in the acquisition of Eden Botanicals
- Digital Audio Exchange in the acquisition of Remixd Media
- Tivian Inc. in the acquisition of GuideSpark
- MAS Holdings is the sale of its subsidiary Attune to a private equity buyer
- John Swire & Sons in the acquisition of WesTech Engineering
- Nemetschek Group/Maxon Computer in the acquisition of Red Giant
- Erber Group and Bio-ferm in the acquisition of Westbridge
- Nemetschek Group/Maxon Computer in the acquisition of Redshift Rendering Technologies
- Zensho Holdings in the acquisition of Advanced Fresh Concepts
- Cohu, Inc. in multiple acquisitions
- Sun Capital in acquisitions
- Costar Technologies, Inc. in acquisitions
- Vanguard Space Technologies in its sale to a private equity buyer
- Gores Group in acquisitions
- German broadcaster ProSieben in acquisitions and corporate venture capital
- eStudySite in the acquisition of a private healthcare business
- Cohu, Inc. in the sale of a division to a private equity buyer
- John Swire & Sons in the financing and acquisition of a water purification company
- DTS, Inc. in its acquisition of SRS Labs, Inc.
- DragonWave Inc. in its acquisition of the microwave transport business of Nokia Siemens Networks
- PICO Holdings in a sale of two insurance company subsidiaries
- Business Intelligence Systems Solutions in the sale of its data visualization software business to a private equity buyer
- Dickson Testing and Aerocraft Heat Treating companies in their sale to Precision Castparts Corp.
- An international online travel consolidator in the sale of its business
- SeQual Technologies Inc. in its sale to Chart Industries
- DragonWave Inc. in its acquisition of Axerra Networks Inc.
- 2 Sisters Food Group's sale of assets to Fresh & Easy
- CareFusion Corporation in its spinout from Cardinal Health
- NuVasive, Inc. in multiple acquisitions
- Life Technologies Corporation (formerly Invitrogen Corporation) in its US$6.7 billion merger with Applera Corporation
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of SYS
- Tut Systems, Inc. in its sale to Motorola, Inc.
Public Securities Offerings, Private Equity, Debt and Venture Finance Representations
- Hayfin Capital in financings
- DW Healthcare Partners in financings
- Block, Inc. (formerly Square) in corporate venture capital investments
- RiverRock Capital Partners in financings and fund work
- Cac private equity group in financings
- Quidel Corporation in multiple corporate venture capital investments
- A large global apparel manufacturer in corporate venture capital and international expansion
- DragonWave, Inc. in follow-on public offerings on NASDAQ and the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Clearlake Capital in private equity investments
- NuVasive, Inc. in its offering of convertible senior notes
- DragonWave, Inc. in its cross-border US initial public offering on NASDAQ and simultaneous Canadian offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- GLG Life Tech Corporation in its cross-border US initial public offering on NASDAQ and simultaneous Canadian offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Enterprise Partners in a secondary public offering
- Adventrx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in registered direct offerings to institutional investors
- Life Technologies Corporation in multiple Rule 144A note offerings totaling greater than US$1 billion
- Cogent, Inc. in its initial public offering on NASDAQ
- Kintera, Inc. in its initial public offering on NASDAQ
- Accredited Home Lenders Holding Co. in its initial public offering on NASDAQ
- Hayfin Capital Management
- Dr. Seuss Enterprises
- DW Healthcare Partners
- Riverwalk Capital Partners
- CAC private equity group
- BAI Communications
- MAS Holdings
- Symphony Technology Group
- Block, Inc. (formerly Square)
- Nemetschek Technology Group
- Biolandes Technologies
- Maxon Computer
- Quidel Corporation
- Costar Technologies, Inc.
- Genomic Health, Inc.
- DragonWave Inc.
- Cohu, Inc.
- Tissue Regenix
- MAS Holdings
- IntegenX Inc.
- QUALCOMM Incorporated
- VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies, Inc.
- DTS, Inc.
- Vanguard Space Technologies
- PICO Holdings, Inc.
- International Stem Cell Corporation
- NuVasive, Inc.
- Life Technologies Corporation
- CareFusion Corporation
- Adventrx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Jack in the Box, Inc.
- Ricall, Inc.
- SeQual Technologies Inc.
- J.D., University of Southern California 2001
Staff and Writer, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal
- B.S., Finance, San Diego State University 1997
Matt has been named among the Top Attorneys by the San Diego Daily Transcript in the Corporate Transactional practice category.
- Judicial Extern, the Honorable Louise DeCarl Adler, Chief Judge, United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California (Summer 1999)