Achille Lemey LL.M.he/himLawyer
Achille Lemey practices in the area of financial law, with particular focus on asset based lending, asset finance, acquisition finance, export finance, project finance and real estate finance in both national and international transactions. He advises both national and international clients. His clients are primarily banks and other financial institutions, private equity investors, corporations and public sector bodies in PPP infrastructure projects in Belgium (both in Flanders and Wallonia).
- Advising the lenders in connection with the financing of the construction of co-generation units in Anderlues, Wallonia.
- Advising the lenders in connection with an ECA-backed credit facility to finance the purchase of equipment for a steel plant in Mexico.
- Advising the lenders on the financing for Motel One Group in relation to the construction of a brand new hotel in Brussels.
- Advising the lenders in connection with the USD 200 million acquisition financing of the Conair Group.
- Advising the lenders on a USD 500 million sustainability-linked borrowing base facility agreement for the Sucafina group.
- 2020 - Master of Science in Complementary Studies in Business Economics, Ghent University, magna cum laude
- 2018 - Master of Laws, Ghent University, cum laude
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Mentioned in The Legal 500 (2021) (Banking, Finance and capital markets: Tier 2)
- Lawyer at one of the biggest independent full service Belgian business law firms (January 2020 – September 2022)
- Summer internship at one of the biggest law firms in the Benelux (July 2019)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Dutch speaking Brussels bar association