Fabio LenziniSenior Lawyer
I stand side-by-side with my clients, with a business-oriented philosophy aimed at driving their success and satisfaction.
Fabio Lenzini has more than 15 years’ experience in the corporate and M&A with focus on all the energy sectors, advising national and multi-national clients on a large variety of transactions, with their energy transition process and clean energy investments.
His multitasking approach and its ability to go beyond the merely legal aspects of a deal, toghether with his capability of managing complex transactions in an efficient manner, are among the skills appreciated by clients and colleagues.
His experience in the M&A matters ranges from large cross-boarder acquisitions and dismissals, including structuring and managing complex tender processes, to all forms of corporate reorganizations and extraordinary transactions.
Fabio has also gained a wide experience in the energy sector, is well known to the market and is capable of providing assistance on all phases of an energy investment, with a special focus on the negotiation of all types of commercial contracts (including EPC, O&M, tolling and PPA).
He has recently lead some of most relevant sales of energy assets on the Italian market in the hydro, co-generation, fuel distribution, wind and solar fields. He has assisted international investors in the acquisition of pipelines of renewable energy projects for an aggregate capacity of more than 2 GWs. With an eye on all the energy technology developments, Fabio has gained experience also in key energy transition areas such as production of green hydrogen, acquisition and conversion of LNG vessels and regasification terminals, development and construction of off-shore wind projects.
Fabio is also experienced in assisting small-medium size companies in setting up their business in the energy sector and consolidating their industrial plan by accessing new markets and creating links between energy players and potential clients.
Fabio has cross-boarder approach and has advised on projects involving almost all European countries, the US, Brasil, Panama and Ecuador.
Fabio regularly speaks on corporate and energy topics.
Fabio is one of the coordinators of the Italian pro-bono practice, with a focus on the environmental topics. Fabio is member of the board of the ONG Solar Head of State.
- Assisteted ERG Power Generation S.p.A. in the sale to ENEL Produzione S.p.A. of 100% of ERG Hydro S.r.l., owner of 527 MW of hydro plants in operation in Italy, for a price of more than 1,2 billion, in the context of a complex international tender process (2021);
- Assisted Falck Renewables S.p.A. in the creation of an equal partnership with Bluefloat Energy International SLU for the joint development of 5 (five) floating off-shore wind projects in Italy through 5 different SPVs for a planned overall capacity of 5 GW. The planned pipeline is one of the biggest pipelines of its kind under development (2022);
- Assisted CogenInfra S.p.A. (managed by the Cube Infrastructure Fund) in the purchase of 100% of Elettra Investimenti S.p.A., a company listed in the Italian AIM market, from B Fin S.p.A. The transaction involved the purchase of the majority of the outstanding shares and warrants, and the launch of a public offer for the purchase of the remaining shares and warrants of the target. The public offer has been successfully completed with the delisting of the target from the AIM Market. The Elettra Investimenti Group comprises more than 12 companies, engaged in various energy markets such as solar, energy efficiency, co-generation, district heating, electric mobility (2021);
- Assisted A2A Rinnovabili S.p.A. with the structuring and negotiation of a joint venture with the developer Volta Energy, through the acquisition of a majority stake in R2R S.r.l., platform dedicated to the development, asset management, Operation & Maintenance e Engineering, Procurement & Construction of renewable energy plants, and the acquisition of a pipeline of wind and solar projects under development for an overall capacity of 800 MW (2021);
- Assisted ERG S.p.A. and Total Marketing Services S.A. in the sale to API - Anonima Petroli Italiana S.p.A., an Italian oil company active in the oil refining and fuel distribution sectors, of 100% of the shares of TotalErg S.p.A., the 51:49 joint venture created in 2010 between ERG and Total, active in the distribution of petroleum products in Italy (2018);
- Assisted Enlight Renewable Energy Limited with the acquisition of large-size wind and photovoltaic power projects under development in various Italian Regions, for an overall capacity of more than 400 MW (2019-2021);
- Assisted the sellers in the sale of 100% of 2 (two) concentrating solar power projects (among the first on the Italian market) to be realized in Sicily (2019);
- Assisted Falck Renewables S.p.A. in relation to the acquisition of 2 (two) solar projects under development with a total capacity of over 280 MW (2019);
- Assisted ERG S.p.A., through its controlled subsidiaries ERG Power Generation S.p.A. and ERG Solar Montalto S.r.l., in the acquisition of 78.5% of the corporate capital of Perseo S.r.l., a company owner, through the fully controlled Andromeda PV S.r.l., of two photovoltaic power plants in operation, having an overall installed capacity of 51.4 MW and located in the Municipality of Montalto di Castro (VT), Italy (2019).
- Assisted Falck Renewables S.p.A. in relation to the acquisition of 51% of Energy Team, a leading company in Italy in consumption control services and management of flexibility on the electricity markets (2017).
University of Rome "La Sapienza", Law degree
- Ranked among Key Lawyers by Legal 500 – Energy
- "DLA Piper e Orrick nell'ingresso di A2A in Volta Green Energy", NT+ Dritto, 10 Jan 2022
- "DLA Piper al fianco di ERG nella cessione dell’impianto termoelettrico di Priolo a Enel", Law Talks
- "DLA Piper con IVPC per il primo parco eolico off-shore del Mediterraneo", Legal Community, 20 Dec 2021
- "B Fin cede Elettra Investimenti a Cogeninfra, Dentons e DLA Piper gli studi", Legal Community, 17 Mar 2021
- "Cleary Gottlieb e Dla Piper nella partnership Eni-Falck per gli Usa", Legal Community, 21 Jan 2020
- "Dla Piper e Legance per il primo impianto eolico acquisito da A2A", Legal Community, 15 Dec 2020
- Pro-bono practice coordinator
- Member of the board of the ONG Solar Head of State