Geoffrey LevittOf Counsel
Geoff Levitt is co-chair of DLA Piper’s FDA Regulatory Practice group. He advises clients on a wide range of regulatory, policy and legislative issues impacting the healthcare and life sciences sectors.
Geoff previously served as senior vice president and chief counsel for Pfizer Inc.’s Upjohn division in China, as chief regulatory counsel for Pfizer Inc. and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, and as head of international affairs and policy for Viatris Inc. At Pfizer, he was responsible for managing global legal support for regulatory, medical, safety, clinical research, manufacturing and environmental operations.
Geoff has published and lectured extensively on regulatory law. He is a past member of the editorial board of the Food and Drug Law Journal and past Chairman of the Board of the Food and Drug Law Institute. He has also served as Chair of the PhRMA Law Section Executive Committee.
Prior to joining Wyeth and Pfizer, Geoff headed the FDA regulatory practice at a major law firm in Washington, DC, where he represented a wide range of pharmaceutical and medical device clients on GxP compliance, exclusivity and approval issues.
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- B.A., Political Science, Columbia University
- "Developing ‘Antennae’ for Drug Regulations and Policy: A Conversation with Geoffrey Levitt," Biospace, April 28, 2021
- "DLA Piper taps Morgan Lewis partner, Pfizer alum for practice leads," Reuters, March 24, 2021
- "Ex-Pfizer Atty Joins DLA Piper As It Bolsters Life Sciences," Law360, March 22, 2021
- "Pfizer’s Ex-Chief Regulatory Counsel to Helm DLA Piper Practice," Bloomberg Law, March 22, 2021