Jane LiSenior Associate
Jane Li is a Senior Associate in the Intellectual Property & Technology team based in DLA Piper's Hong Kong office. She handles both contentious and non-contentious IP work in China and Hong Kong.
Jane’s expertise lies in global trade mark portfolio management, trade mark prosecution, anti-counterfeiting and enforcement of IP rights, domain name disputes and transactional IP matters. She also advises clients on advertising law and brand strategy.
Jane works with clients in a diverse range of industries including finance, fashion & beauty, hospitality, food & beverage, retail and technology. She spent one year as a senior legal counsel on secondment to a major financial institution handling their global IP and brand management matters.
Jane speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised one of the world’s largest financial institution on global brand strategy and trade mark portfolio management, including trade mark clearance, exploitation and enforcement of IP rights as well as advertising preclearance for high profile campaigns.
- Advised a major global fast food chain and several beverage companies on strategic brand expansion into China, including trade mark prosecution and management of infringement matters.
- Advised a number of multinational corporations on IP licensing in relation to procurement contracts, partnership arrangements, large-scale trade mark sub-licensing and other commercial transactions.
- Led the creation, rollout, implementation and management of a global IP enforcement program, including dispatching cease and desist letters, lodging complaints to social media and e-commerce platforms, deregistering shadow companies, securing undertakings from infringers and tackling infringing domain names via UDRP proceedings.
- Advised a European luxury cosmetics brand on influencer marketing and a variety of innovative advertising campaigns in China and Hong Kong.
- Advised a global e-commerce platform on legal issues surrounding online advertising matters and prize promotion in Hong Kong.
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Boston University School of Law, LLM
- The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL