Eddy Lievens is a leading employment lawyer with more than 30 years of experience. As a former HR Director and Vice-President Flight Operations of an airline company, Eddy Lievens fully understands the needs of and requirements sought by HR managers and can help them with genuine hands-on advice.
Eddy Lievens excels in human resources management skills and has deep knowledge in all aspects of employment and social security law. He is particularly known for his very broad experience in restructurings and corporate integration, as well as in handling criminal procedures, in particular in the field of labor accidents. He is also the lawyer to go to when facing a sensitive investigation in the framework of a whistleblowing complaint.
He has in depth knowledge of the life sciences, retail and logistic sectors and is amongst others the thrusted advisor of companies active in the Port of Antwerp.
Eddy is also know for helping international clients complying with the European Whistleblower Protection Directive and handling Platform worker issues.
- Handling multiple restructurings for both Belgian and multinationals companies leading to collective dismissals and plant closures.
- Handling the employment consequences of multiple outsourcing processes.
- Setting up the HR policies for a number of important companies starting operations in Belgium.
- Assisting Belgian and foreign based companies in setting up secondment and split pay employment arrangements for cross border workers.
- Assisting important multinational companies in handling hiring and firing issues of executive employees.
- Advising multinationals on rewards and benefit structures, including options and share plans.
- Advising companies in the Port of Antwerp in relation to dock work legislation and health and safety issues.
- Assisting important multinational clients in prosecution processes following fatal work accidents.
- Advising clients in relation to all aspects of contingent work force.
- Assisting international clients with investigations following whistleblowing complaints.
- Advising clients in all aspects of worker representation.
1997 to 2002, Employment Partner and founding partner of a Belgian law firm
1993 to 1996, Employment lawyer initially with a Belgian law firm
1985 to 1993, Career in HR and Operational Management with Sabena (promoted to the level of Personnel Director in 1991 and Vice President Flight Operations in 1992)
1983 to 1985, Lawyer (trainee) working for Supreme Court lawyers.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Personnel Director and member of the Executive Committee in a large Belgian commercial airline company
- Member of the Brussels Bar
My latest insights
Belgium - Whistleblowing Laws in Europe: An international guide
6 July 2022 .27 minute read