Zack LinSenior Associate
Zack Lin focuses on all aspects of energy and infrastructure projects, including development, project financing and acquisitions.
He has represented governments, sponsors, lenders (including multilateral lenders and export credit agencies) and contractors in projects across various jurisdictions, including Asia (including Vietnam, Indonesia, Taiwan and Bangladesh), the Middle East and Africa. Having experience on all sides of the table, Zack is able to provide comprehensive advice and perspective on project structuring and risk allocation.
Zack’s practice covers numerous sectors, ranging from power, water treatment and healthcare, and has a particular focus on renewable energy. Zack is recommended for Projects (Foreign Firms) practice in Singapore by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022.
- Advising JBIC and NEXI on the USD2b financing of Van Phong 1 BOT IPP – one of the largest greenfield independent coal-fired power projects in Vietnam.*
- Advising IFC, ADB, and DEG on the debt financing of a gas-fired power plant in Afghanistan, the first long-term public-private partnership in Afghanistan.*
- Advising a bidder in relation to its bid for the generation and export of solar power from Indonesia to Singapore as part of the Energy Market Authority of Singapore’s tender for the import of 1.2GW of renewable power into Singapore.
- Advising ADB and GuarantCo on the USD160m financing to provide affordable, high-speed broadband internet connections to countries in Asia and the Pacific Islands – the satellite was manufactured by Boeing and was successfully launched by SpaceX.*
- Advising Global technology company on powering data centres through rooftop and floating solar PV projects in Singapore, including advising on the sale and purchase of renewable energy credits.*
- Advising Northland Power Inc. and Yushan Energy Company Ltd. on the project development of the offshore wind farm Hai Long in Taiwan.*
- Advising International lender on the debt refinancing of a 50MW solar power plant in Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
- Advising a confidential state-owned investor in relation to the development and financing of a 1,320MW hybrid CCGT and solar power project in Maheskhali, Bangladesh, the first of its kind in Bangladesh.
- Advising MUFG and OCBC on the refinancing of the USD170m second Changi NEWater plant in Singapore.*
- Advising FMO and EIB on the EUR106m financing of a 80MW twin solar power plants, developed under the independent power producers scheme in Kenya.* * Denotes experience from a previous firm.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- LLB (Cum Laude), Singapore Management University, 2015
Memberships And Affiliations
- Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales