Yue Liu (刘玥)Associate
Yue practises in the areas of corporate law and privacy law. She is bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese and can deliver legal advice in both languages.
Yue has assisted senior counsel on business transactions and corporate matters, and issues regarding the protection of privacy, data breach response, and compliance with access requirements in public and private sectors.
During law school, Yue completed Business Law Concentration. She was a program research assistant for Pro Bono Students Canada and a clinician of the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program. While completing her Ph.D. at UBC, she worked for an SSHRC program researching on local compliance with international trade and human rights standards in the Asia-Pacific region.
Yue was a practising lawyer in China.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- J.D., University of British Columbia, Peter A. Allard School of Law, 2021
- Ph.D., University of British Columbia, Peter A. Allard School Law, 2017
- Master of Law, Jilin University, China
- Bruce H McColl Memorial Prize
- Honorary Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
- BC Law Foundation Fellowship
- Volunteer, Access Pro Bono Tribunals Program
- Language support volunteer, Rise Women’s Legal Centre
- Former Academic Mentor, UBC International Graduate Study Preparation Program
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia) Society
My latest insights
The rise of facial recognition technology and Canada's response
8 November 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper Canada acted for Rumble Inc. in completion of business combination with CF...
20 September 2022 .2 minute read