Kit Lloyd is a technology and data lawyer with over 35 years’ experience advising multinationals in the finance, telecommunications, life sciences, technology and data sectors on commercial transactions and strategy.
Kit brings a practical and commercial approach to law, having commenced his career as a software engineer before moving into management and culminating in holding senior leadership positions with IBM in Australia, China, Japan, Switzerland, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.
He has assisted clients in the telecommunications sector roll out new services and resolve IP license disputes, clients in the financial services sector consolidate infrastructure across geographies, and clients in the public sector remedy troubled projects.
He has hands on experience in programming, data management, cryptography, growing businesses in developing economies, implementing new technologies, resolving disputes and working with boards.
Most recently Kit has been assisting clients in the life science sector secure manufacturing and distribution rights for medicinal cannabis, clients in the space sector identify regulatory hurdles with their satellite launch plans, and clients in the technology sector manage their intellectual property rights.
Kit holds degrees in science and law, a masters degree in business management, and is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Acting on a whole of bank information technology and telecommunications outsourcing transaction, including transfer of 900 staff and consolidation of three data centres.
- Acting for a major bank on their mainframe to cloud services outsourcing transformation project.
- Acting for a global insurer on the offshoring of their application maintenance transfer of business across 4 countries.
- Advising a middle east government on the design and implementation of its initial privacy and critical infrastructure legislation.
- Acting for an entity in the acquisition, consolidation and outsourcing of the information technology services from three independent Swiss cantonal banks.
- Advising on a US insurance company’s outsourcing of its Japanese application development and information technology operations.
- Acting for clients in the finance, oil, manufacturing, advisory and entertainment sectors (domestic and international) in relation to information security incidents. Including: incident response plans, assessment, regulatory and third party notifications.
- Developing and negotiating manufacturing, distribution and licensing agreements and terms sheets, for domestic and international clients across all industry sectors, ranging in size from early stage start-ups to international organisations.
- Acting for a vendor in negotiating telecommunications outsourcing agreements in Australia, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic and Turkey.
- Acting for a vendor in negotiating software disputes in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Poland and the Middle East.
- Australian Institute of Company Directors, Company Directors Course (GAICD), 2017
- College of Law, Practical Legal Training, 2016
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Law (with Honours), 2012 – 2016
Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Master of Business Management, 1997 – 2000
Securities Institute of Australia, Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, 1989 – 1992
Sydney University, Bachelor of Science
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) – Cybersecurity for Directors
Kit has over 30 years' experience in the technology sector, holding executive positions in Australia, China, Japan, Korea, Central Europe, Russia and the Middle East.
- Homeless Persons Legal Service – pro bono solicitor
- Pitch@Palace – Australian adviser (2017 – 2019)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)