Matthieu is specialized in financing. He works on corporate and LBO financing for senior lenders as well as mezzanine lenders and sponsors.
Areas of FocusFinancePrivate Equity
Professional QualificationsAvocat admitted to the Paris Bar, 2021
- Legal counsel to the mezzanine investors on the financing aspects of the sale of their shares in EOS Corrugated to Sagard.*
- Legal counsel to the banking pool in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Next Group by the Cegos Group.*
- Legal counsel to the banking pool in connection with the LBO of the Altema group (formerly Hild), a manufacturer and distributor of metal products.*
*denotes experience from previous firm.
- Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne University, Master 2 in Business Law, 2017
Publications and media
- Titrisation: analyse des règlements (UE) 2021/557 et 2021/558 du 31 mars 2021, in Revue de droit bancaire et financier (LexisNexis), 2022
- L’évolution des privilèges en matière immobilière, in Journal Spécial des Sociétés, 2022
- Before joining DLA Piper, Matthieu Loonis spent 2 years as a lawyer in corporate and acquisition financings in French and Anglo-Saxon law firms.
- Before joining the Bar, Matthieu Loonis spent 4 years as an in-house lawyer in the bank financing sector within international banking institutions.
+33 (0) 1 40 15 24 21
+33 (0) 1 40 15 24 01
+33 (0) 602 193 993