Timothy LouSenior Associate
Timothy Lou is an Australian funds & financial services regulatory lawyer. He has gained significant experience acting across time zones and jurisdictions for global investment managers, multinational custodians and both Australian and offshore funds clients.
Timothy has extensive experience advising on all phases of the fund lifecycle such as the set-up of all types of funds (including open-ended funds, closed-ended funds, registered/unregistered managed investment schemes, partnerships and infrastructure funds), drafting of investment documentation, negotiation of investment management agreements, side letters and addressing local Australian regulatory issues. Tim also advises superannuation groups and funds.
- Advising NYSE-listed Ares on its highly publicised AUD6 billion takeover proposal to acquire the whole of Australian iconic wealth and asset manager, ASX and NZX-listed AMP Limited.
- Assisting LGT Capital Partners with finalising the launch of LGT Capital Partners’ first Australian-resident registered managed investment scheme (Fund).
- Advised Whitefield Limited, Employers Mutual Limited and Hospitality Employers Mutual Limited collectively upon the implications and issues resulting from RBC’s decision to close its Australian custody business.
- Advising various multinational investment managers on obtaining an Australian financial services licence for its Australian distribution/advisory operations.
- Advising the Suncorp Group in effecting an anchor investment commitment in Morrison & Co’s new open-ended global infrastructure fund, the Morrison & Co Infrastructure Partnership (MCO IP).
- Advising Keystone Asset Management (KAM), a responsible entity and trustee services provider, and its affiliate investment manager CF Capital Investments launch a legally innovative new retail funds management platform, offered via its new registered managed investment scheme, the Shield Master Fund (Fund).
- The College of Law, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, 2016
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Law (Hons), 2016
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Applied Finance, 2013
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia