Federico LucarielloHe/himSenior Lawyer
Federico Lucariello, is a criminal lawyer with in-depth experience in criminal law and procedure and in corporate criminal liability pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 231/2001.
Federico regularly deals with the defense both of individuals and companies under Legislative Decree no. 231/2001, providing legal assistance, both in court and in strategic counseling, to national and international clients, in all areas of criminal law related to business activity, including corruption, fraud, corporate and financial crimes, HSE, tax offences, and environmental criminal offences.
Federico has gained extensive experience in defensive investigations, having been actively involved in multiple in-house defensive investigations, also in multidisciplinary teams, and having served for several years as a member of the Observatory of Defensive Investigations of the Union of Italian Criminal Chambers.
He is an expert in the field of compliance with Legislative Decree no. 231/2001 and holds the position of monocratic Supervisory Board.
Avv. Lucariello holds a PhD in Law and Economic and Social Institutions from the Parthenope University of Naples, participates as a speaker in seminars and conferences, has several publications, including in scientific journals, and has also contributed as a co-author to monographic works.
• Contributed, from the precautionary stage, to the defense of a former consultant of the main Italian steel company in criminal proceedings concerning alleged charges of bribery and corruption. The defensive strategy, in addition to the preparation of defense briefs, included the performance of an in-depth defense forensic investigation with an external consultant; the proceeding has been defined positively for the client and in a remarkably short time.
• Contributed to the defense of five managers of the Italian branches of a leading global pharmaceutical group involved in a criminal proceeding relating to alleged cases of unlawful tax returns. The assistance also included the performance of an in-depth defense investigation, including documentary analysis also with reference to the transfer pricing policies of the group, interviews and forensic investigations.
• Contributed to the defense of the Chairman of the Board of Directors of an Israeli investment company in criminal proceedings still pending, concerning alleged fraudulent declarations using invoices or other instruments for non-existent transactions. Following the defensive exceptions, the Judge of the Preliminary hearing separated the client's position from that of the other defendants and returned the file back to the Public Prosecutor.
• Contributed to the defense of a foreign businessman charged with resisting and insulting a public official at the appeal stage. Following the preparation of the grounds for appeal and the defensive brief, the defendant was acquitted on the grounds that the offence was not particularly serious nature of the fact.
• Contributed to the defense of the managing director of a leading group operating in the investment services and activities sector in an internal investigation aimed at verifying the commission of alleged offences against property and against the Public Administration in the context of the activity carried out in favor of foreign officials.
• Contributed to the defense of a top-manager of a multinational company investigated for alleged injury and persecution of an employee. The defense approach and the defensive briefs filed in the client's interest led to the dismissal of the case in the preliminary investigations.
- University of Naples Parthenope, PhD Researcher in Law and Economic and Social Institutions, DIES
- Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki (Research Institute For Transparency, Corruption And Financial Crimes), Thessaloniki, Summer Law School “Financial Crime, Corruption and Money Laundering: European and International Perspectives”
- Federico II University, Naples, Law Degree, cum laude
- Avv. Lucariello, in addition to several papers on topics of his expertise, is the author of the following monographs:
• La difesa degli enti e dagli enti nel D.lgs. 231/2001: dal modello organizzativo al processo penale, Teoria e pratica del diritto, Giuffrè Francis Lefebvre Editore, 2019, in collaborazione con l’Avv. Maria Hilda Schettino
• I riti speciali dopo la riforma Orlando, Officina del Diritto, Giuffrè Editore, 2017, in collaborazione con l’Avv. Maria Hilda Schettino
Federico is a speaker in seminars, conferences and specialization courses on topics related to the criminal law of economics and the corporate criminal liability under Legislative Decree no. 231/2001.
• "Tor Vergata" University of Rome - As part of Module IV of the Anti-Corruption Master (MAC), lecture entitled "Prevention of the risk of corruption in companies: Legislative Decree 231/2001 and the adoption of organizational models of crime prevention"
• Parthenope University of Naples - As part of the second level university Master's degree lecture entitled "Prevention of the risk of criminal infiltration into economic activities, management, administration and reuse of assets seized and confiscated"
Memberships And Affiliations