Federico Lucariello, is a criminal lawyer and works in the White Collar Crime, Investigations & Compliance practice within the Litigation & Regulatory department.
Federico has gained deep experience in criminal law and procedure and in the administrative liability of entities for criminal offences pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 231/2001, providing legal assistance, both judicial and extra-judicial, to individuals and companies, domestic and multinational, in all areas of criminal law. He has consolidated experience in corporate compliance matters with specific reference to Legislative Decree no. 231/2001 and Occupational Health and Safety profiles.
Federico has consolidated experience in criminal law and procedure for everything related to all kind of business-related offences, including corruption, fraud, corporate and financial crimes, HSE and tax offences, as well as corporate quasi-criminal liability under Italian Decree 231/2001.
He usually deals with the assistance and defence of natural and legal persons pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/2001 and has participated in numerous internal defence investigations, also in multidisciplinary teams.
He is an expert in the field of compliance with Legislative Decree no. 231/2001 and holds the position of monocratic Supervisory Board pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 231/2001.
He holds a PhD in Law and Economic and Social Institutions from the Parthenope University of Naples, and has participated in conferences and seminars as a speaker.
He has several publications in scientific journals and has also participated as co-author of monographic works.
- Defense, from the pre-trial stage, of a former consultant of the main Italian steel company in criminal proceedings concerning alleged charges of bribery and corruption. The assistance also included the performance of an in-depth defence forensic investigation with an external consultant, conducting to a favourable closure of the case in a remarkably short time.
- Defense of five managers of the Italian branches of a leading global pharmaceutical group involved in criminal proceedings relating to alleged cases of unlawful tax returns. The assistance also included the performance of an in-depth defence investigation also with reference to the analysis and reconstruction of the group's transfer pricing policies.
- Defense of the Chairman of the Board of Directors of an Israeli investment company in criminal proceedings still pending concerning alleged fraudulent declarations through the use of invoices or other instruments for non-existent transactions. The defensive activity enabled the position to be written off at the preliminary hearing and the file to be returned back to the Public Prosecutor.
- Defense of a foreign businessman charged with resisting and insulting a public official at the appeal stage. Following the preparation of the grounds for appeal and the defence brief, the defendant was acquitted on the grounds that the offence was particularly minor.
- Defense the managing director of a leading group operating in the investment services and activities sector in an internal investigation aimed at verifying the commission of alleged offences against property and against the Public Administration in the context of the activity carried out in favour of foreign officials.
- Defense of a top-manger of a multinational company investigated for alleged injury and persecution of an employee. The defence approach and the defensive briefs filed in the client's interest led to the dismissal of the case in the preliminary investigations.
- University of Naples Parthenope, PhD in Research in Law and Economic and Social Institutions, DIES
- Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki (Research Institute For Transparency, Corruption And Financial Crimes), Thessaloniki, Summer Law School “Financial Crime, Corruption and Money Laundering: European and International Perspectives”
- Federico II University, Naples, Law Degree, cum laude
Federico II University, Naples, Legal Studies Law, cum laude
- La difesa degli enti e dagli enti nel D.lgs. 231/2001: dal modello organizzativo al processo penale, Teoria e pratica del diritto, Giuffrè Francis Lefebvre Editore, 2019, in collaborazione con l’Avv. Maria Hilda Schettino.
- I riti speciali dopo la riforma Orlando, Officina del Diritto, Giuffrè Editore, 2017, in collaborazione con l’Avv. Maria Hilda Schettino.
- Il rapporto tra la causa di non punibilità ex art. 131-bis c.p. e le sanzioni amministrative accessorie, Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 3/2019.
- Codice della crisi di impresa e dell’insolvenza (profili penalistici), Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 3/2019.
- Modalità di attuazione dei principi del codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali per finalità di polizia, Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 3/2018.
- Regolamento della disciplina dei corsi di formazione per l’accesso alla professione di avvocato, Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 3/2018.
- I limiti alla riconducibilità dei provvedimenti del P.M. nella categoria degli atti abnormi, Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 1/2018.
- Il diritto dell’amministratore di una società fallita di presentare querela, Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 6/2017.
- Competenza dell’amministratore di società commerciale fallita di sporgere querela, Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 4/2017.
- Sicurezza integrata e sicurezza interna, Processo penale e giustizia, Giappichelli Editore, n. 3/2017.
Federico is a speaker in seminars, conferences and specialization courses on topics related to the criminal law of economics and the liability of entities under Legislative Decree no. 231/2001.
- "Tor Vergata" University of Rome - As part of Module IV of the Anti-Corruption Master (MAC), lecture entitled "Prevention of the risk of corruption in companies: Legislative Decree 231/2001 and the adoption of organizational models of crime prevention".
- Parthenope University of Naples - As part of the second level university Master's degree lecture entitled "Prevention of the risk of criminal infiltration into economic activities, management, administration and reuse of assets seized and confiscated".