Giacomo Lusardi is an experienced lawyer advising and counselling entrepreneurs and businesses of diverse industries on technology law and commercial law, intellectual property and data protection matters.
His knowledge of the law, his customer-centric approach and his understanding of the key dynamics of the industries clients operate in, make Giacomo a trusted advisor.
Giacomo’s areas of expertise include technology projects, transactions, and contracts (digital transformation, software, insurtech and fintech, system integration, ERP and CRM systems, joint venture and other partnerships, software, open source, cloud, outsourcing, offshoring, data, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, electronic signatures and trust services, electronic payments, professional services, product liability, machinery legislation, etc.), commercial contracts (services, supply, distribution, license, franchising, agency, logistics and transport, etc.), digital projects, e-commerce, and consumer law.
- He assisted one of the major insurance companies in Europe in a digital transformation project and group internal restructuring aimed at the creation of a NewCo to provide IT and procurement services to the group entities worldwide. The assistance was focused on the intragroup outsourcing agreement as well as on the master services agreement and joint venture agreement with the main technological partner of the project.
- He assisted a German multinational enterprise from the industrial sector in a project aimed at the servitization of its business model by adopting cloud-based IoT solutions to monitor the machinery sold to its end customers and provide value added data-driven services. In particular, the assistance was focused on the long-term partnership agreement with the IoT provider, assessments on intellectual property and data related matters, and on the relationships and contracts with end customers.
- He assisted a multinational company in the cosmetics sector in a call center outsourcing and offshoring project involving several European countries. The assistance focused on regulatory assessments, drafting and negotiating the master outsourcing agreement, and coordinating the different countries in scope for the specific country implementation agreements and local regulatory requirements.
- He assisted a start-up in developing and launching a fan token NFT and cryptocurrency platform. The assistance was focused on compliance assessments from a regulatory and data protection standpoint and all the contractual relationships involved in the project (e.g., platform and software development, terms & conditions, contracts with commercial partners, data protection agreements, etc).
- He assisted a top-tier multinational enterprise in the food sector in outsourcing its production of semi-finished and finished food products through the transfer of business assets and related long-term supply arrangements in two complex cross-border deals taking place between The Netherlands and, respectively, Italy and Germany.
- He assisted an Italian company in the acquisition of an insurtech scale-up. The assistance was mainly focused on assessing the protection and management of the target company’s software platform, its underlying algorithms, and related IP/know-how through a cloud-based contractual mechanisms alternative to escrow and other tailored solutions.
- He assisted one of the largest banking groups in Europe in amending and negotiating a huge number of outsourcing agreements with IT providers to bring them in line with the EBA Guidelines on outsourcing arrangements and other relevant sectoral legislation.
University of Pavia, Law degree
- University of Pavia – Alma Mater Ticinensis Foundation, Executive MBA
- G. Lusardi, I principi generali applicabili alla protezione dei dati personali, in Vv. Aa., Privacy e Data Protection, Wolters Kluwer, 2022.
- A. Ferrari, G. Lusardi, F. Grondona, Outsourcing in Italy, in Kit Burden (ed.), Outsourcing: a practical guide, Global Law and Business, 2021.
- G. Lusardi, voci in Dizionario del Legal Tech, in G. Ziccardi e P. Perri (eds.), Giuffrè, 2020.
Before joining DLA Piper, Giacomo Lusardi worked with leading Italian firms.
Giacomo collaborates with the University of Milan (Legal Informatics course). He was an adjunct professor of Management of Licensing at the University of Milan, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods. He regularly lectures at leading Italian and international universities and training schools, and authors publications in his areas of expertise.
Giacomo is responsible for the pro bono activities of the Intellectual Property & Technology practice in Italy.
Memberships And Affiliations
IIA – Italian Insurtech Association
Digital Forensics Alumni (DFA)