James D. MeadePartner
James Meade has a general corporate practice with particular emphasis on private equity, including mergers and acquisitions, international transactions and corporate and real estate finance.
He has been involved in all aspects of the private equity business, including fund-raising, investments, portfolio management, private and public financing, exits and roll-up transactions. His work with his private equity clients has led him to a wide array of industries, from wireless communications to classic toy brands, specialty papers to accounts receivable management services, and automotive transportation to natural and organic health brands.
- The sale of AAT Communications to SBA Communications in a transaction valued at over US$1 billion
- Charterhouse Group's acquisition and subsequent sale of Logisticare in a transaction valued at over US$200 million
- The creation of Legends Hospitality as a joint venture between the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Yankees
- The acquisition of Russell-Stanley by an affiliate of the Mauser Group
- The sale to Apollo Real Estate of a controlling interest in hundreds of properties located throughout the US and valued at over US$5 billion
- The acquisition of Sabre Industries by Corinthian Capital Group and its subsequent sale to an affiliate of Kohlberg & Company
- The acquisition of Audio & Video Labs by Corinthian Capital Group and its subsequent sale to an affiliate of The Stephens Group
- Kaplan Inc. in its sale of Eduneering Inc. to UL LLC, a premier safety science company
- Kaplan Inc. in its sale of 38 Campus Colleges to Education Corporation of America
- The sale of DS Waters of America to an affiliate of Crestview Partners
- The acquisition by Bowlmor AMF, an affiliate of the Cerberus Group, of the North American bowling center business of Brunswick Corporation
- The sale of Massey-Knakal Realty Services to Cushman & Wakefield for US$101 million
- The sale of a substantial ownership position in Bowlmor AMF to an affiliate of Atairos Group, Inc.
Aside from Corinthian Capital Group and Charterhouse Group, two of his principal clients, James has worked with Apollo, Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity, Colony Capital, Solar Capital, One Equity Partners, Arsenal Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Sankaty Advisors and Hayground Cove Management, among others.
James was singled out by US Legal 500 2009 Edition, in particular for his ''personal demeanor and phenomenal personality,'' and the US Legal 500 2014 Edition.
James has lived much of his life in Paris, France, and attended public school and earned degrees at Oxford University in England. James now lives in New York City with his wife (a children's book author and novelist) and his two daughters.
- J.D., University of Virginia
The Legal 500 United States: Mergers & Acquisitions: Private Equity Buyouts 2009, 2014
- Adjunct Professor, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law