Amar Maan is experienced in advising corporates (both established and 'disruptive'), investors, senior management teams and entrepreneurs upon a wide range of matters including: complex and cross border M&A and private equity; controlling and non-controlling investments and fundraisings, demergers, group reorganisations and joint ventures.
He has a strong focus on Financial Services and Infrastructure, with a keen interest in the FinTech space, Payment Services, Loan Portfolio Solutions, InfraTech and Telecoms.
Amar is an active member of the Global Financial Services Group and is part of the UK Leadership Team for the Infrastructure Group. He has also practised in Chicago (USA) and Abu Dhabi (UAE).
- Advising Cheung Kong Infrastructure on the acquisition of the electricity distribution business of EDF Energy for USD9 billion.
- Advising Merlin Entertainments on the AUD174 million sale of two Australian ski resorts and an airport to Vail Resorts, Inc.
- Advising Toyota Fleet Mobility on the GBP100 million acquisition of Inchcape Fleet Solutions (rebranded as KINTO).
- Advising a European infrastructure fund on its GBP60 million investment in a London based fibre connectivity provider.
- Advising a renewables infrastructure fund on the proposed acquisition of, and subsequent joint venture arrangements relating to, a portfolio comprising 20 SPV’s covering 28 solar projects.
- Advising Bradford & Bingley on the sale of a GBP2.2 billion portfolio of social housing loans to Dexia and the sale of a GBP1.9 billion portfolio of commercial mortgages to GE Real Estate Finance.
- Advising two large management teams of two wealth management businesses on the combined GBP350 million private equity backed buyout.
- Advising an international bank on the asset transfers of its Western European branches.
- Advising Canara Bank on the merger of its UK business with Syndicate Bank’s UK business.
- Advising LSL Properties plc on its acquisition of the Halifax Estate Agency business from Bank of Scotland and its subsequent acquisition of Marsh and Parsons.
- Legal Practice Course - Distinction, Leeds
- Law Degree - LLB (hons), Nottingham
- Named in the 2017 edition of Legal 500 as having strength in the banking and insurance sectors
- Key terms in UK and US M&A deals, 11 Jan 2018
- M&A Academy, Leeds 2017 and London 2019
- Law and Finance, Bradford Grammar School, April 2019
- Global M&A Report, Leeds 2019
- Regular participant in the firm's Break into Law initiative
- Supervisor for the firm’s Summer Internship Scheme
- Legal adviser to New Perimeter which involved working with US Department of State in connection with initiatives to combat human trafficking
- Legal adviser to the Institute for Human Rights and Business in connection with preparing an international report on the impact of mega-sporting events such as the Olympics Games
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Law Society and The Leeds Law Society