Dr Roland Maaß LL.M. (NYU)Partner
Well-versed, very competent and experienced; very good cooperation.
Dr Roland Maaß advises domestic and international companies and banks on initial public offerings, rights issues, SPAC offerings, block trades and equity-linked transactions as well as on private and public M&A transactions, on stock corporation law and corporate reorganizations. An additional focus of Roland is on ongoing disclosure obligations and capital markets compliance.
Roland has among others industry experience in renewable energies, finance, healthcare/biotechnology, pharma, industrials & manufacturing, digital media/eCommerce and chemicals.
- Advising the listed stem cell bank Vita 34 AG on its voluntary public exchange offer for all shares of Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych S.A. listed in Poland (PBKM).
- Advising Berenberg and Stifel on the subscription capital increase of Compleo Charging Solutions AG, a provider of charging solutions for e-mobility.
- Advising Montana Aerospace AG, a manufacturer of structural parts and components for the aerospace industry, on its IPO on the SIX Swiss Exchange and a subsequent capital increase (private placement).
- Advising microbattery producer VARTA AG on its IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, its subsequent capital increase (private placement) and on ongoing compliance matters.
- Advising special packaging manufacturer Aluflexpack AG on its IPO and listing on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Advising BNP Paribas, HSBC and UniCredit on the capital increase (private placement) of wind turbine manufacturer Nordex SE.
- Advising Berenberg on the capital increase of DIC Asset AG (private placement).
- Advising VARTA AG on the acquisition of the VARTA Consumer Batteries business based in Europe from US-based Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- New York University, LL.M., 1999
- Higher Regional Court Berlin, Second State Examination, 1997
- University of Tübingen, Dr. jur., 1996
University of Tübingen, First State Examination, 1994
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for equity issues and IPOs as well as corporate law; “well-versed, very competent and experienced”, client, “very good cooperation”, competitor
- Legal 500 Germany 2020: Recommended for corporate law
- Chambers Europe Germany 2022: Recommended for capital markets: equity; “very structured, resilient and goal-oriented, and an incredible expert across the spectrum.”, client
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for capital markets law, M&A, private equity and corporate
- IFLR1000 2017: Leading lawyer for capital markets (equity)
- 2018 - today: Partner at DLA Piper
- 2006 - 2018: Partner at an international law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises exceet on business combination with green hydrogen plant pioneer APEX...
19 January 2023 .3 minute read
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read