Arnold is a versatile multijurisdictional business attorney who serves as outside counsel to individuals, established and emerging growth companies, venture capital firms and financial institutions. His practice centers on helping founders, management, and boards of emerging companies navigate the diverse corporate matters that arise throughout a company's life cycle from initial planning and formation to exit.
He also represents the venture capital and private equity firms, and the corporate and strategic investors and acquirors that finance, acquire or merge with these emerging growth companies. He represents players in a variety of sectors including TMT (technology, media and telecommunications), healthcare, consumer goods and retail, sports, entertainment, energy and productivity.
Before joining DLA Piper, Arnold garnered significant experience in banking and commercial finance at a national law firm in the United States. He advised lenders, borrowers and sponsors on secured and unsecured lending transactions, single bank and syndicated credit facilities, mezzanine and multi-tranche financings, and revolving credit facilities. He also has experience in loan forbearance and modification arrangements.
Educated, licensed to practice, and experienced across several continents, Arnold brings his international background and extensive network of contacts to bear when advising on transactions with a cross-border element. Before transferring his practice to the United States, he practiced at two of Africa's leading law firms where he advised on a broad spectrum of local and cross border transactions.
- Represented cloud-based logistics start-up GoShare in a seed financing round led by Mark IV Capital, Cove Fund, Jason Calacanis's LAUNCH Fund and The Syndicate.
- Represented multiple venture capital and private lending funds in portfolio investments, intercreditor negotiations, restructurings and exit transactions with emerging growth companies
- Represented Renesas Electronics Corporation, a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, in its acquisition of Celeno Communications, a leading provider of smart, innovative Wi-Fi solutions, in a transaction valued at approximately US$315 million.
- Represented technology-company Parsec Cloud in its sale to Unity Software (NYSE: U)
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III (GAHR III) in a self-administration transaction whereby GAHR III purchased the business and operations of American Healthcare Investors (its former sponsor) and of its external advisor
- Represented lenders managing and participating in financings for numerous professional and minor league sports teams as well as all of the major leagues.
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- The Nigerian Law School
- LL.B. (Hon.), University of Lagos, Nigeria
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Langston Bar Association
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association (Section on Business Law)
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK