Mhairi Mackenzie EverittMah-reeshe/herSolicitor
Alongside assisting with the provision of advice relating to plan making/plan changing processes and other issues arising within the resource management framework, Mhairi regularly assists with environmental enforcement proceedings. This includes case management and preparation for criminal prosecutions under the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA).
- Assisting in various environmental enforcement proceedings, both with the provision of strategic advice to local authorities around enforcement action, and in preparing the subsequent case management and preparation. This includes witness and evidence preparation, and case strategy through to sentencing.
- Assisting the preparation of advice relating to the interpretation of resource management planning instruments, building and infrastructure regulations, and plan processes.
- Provided international legal research for the legal team representing Make it 16 in Make it 16 v Attorney-General  NZSC 134, a successful application for declarations of inconsistency with the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act.
- Assisted a refugee on a pro bono basis to successfully apply for resident visas though Immigration New Zealand to reunite their family under the Refugee Family Support Category.
University of Otago, LLB, 2021
University of Otago, BA, 2021
Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), 2019
Leiden University, 2019
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Memberships and Affiliations
- New Zealand Law Society
- Resource Management Law Association
- Wellington Women Lawyers' Association