Mpho MadibaAssociate Designate
Mpho has experience advising on contractual, corporate, commercial and telecommunications related matters. She advises clients in a range of commercial transactions including sales of shares, property and assets, joint ventures and commercial leases, which routinely involves drafting and reviewing various commercial agreements and related documents, performing due diligence investigations, and conducting research and drafting of legal opinions dealing with, the interpretation and application of selected topics under the Companies Act 71 of 2008 as well as general corporate and commercial law.
- Advising Premier Group Limited on its IPO and listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
- Advising Brait Investment Holdings Limited on its capital raising of aZAR3 billion rights offer.
- Advising FirstRand Bank, Africa's largest financial services group, on its acquisition of the Slow Lounge business from Comair Limited.
- Advising multinational organisations regarding South African telecommunications laws and regulations.
- Advising Premier Group on its acquisition of Mister Sweets a division of Lodestone Brands (Seller) and the purchase of immovable property from Lodestone Brands.
- Advising Shoprite Checkers on its purchase of certain assets owned by Massmart Retail, and operated as separate businesses, all subsidiaries of Massmart Holdings (auction process).
- University of South Africa LLB (Cum Laude), 2019
- University of the Witwatersrand, Bachelor of Arts (International Relations and Industrial Psychology, 2013
- Mpho joined DLA Piper South Africa as a candidate attorney in January 2020 where she completed her articles in Finance, Projects and Restructuring and Corporate departments.