Ángel MaestroLegal Director
Ángel Maestro is a Legal Director of the Real Estate department in the Madrid office. He joined DLA Piper in January 2021, from a national leading law firm. Prior to that, he was an associate in the Real Estate department.
Ángel has over 13 years of experience in the legal real estate sector.
He has wide experience in all types of real estate transactions (from transnational transactions with complex investment structures to issues with a more local component, such as leases or construction contracts), having participated in some of the most relevant transactions in recent years in Spain.
In particular, Ángel specializes in real estate acquisition transactions in asset deal or share deal structures with investment vehicles of all kinds (including listed companies).
In recent years, Angel has published several articles on current legal issues in the real estate market (including analysis of the effects of Covid-19 on non-residential leases and the latest measures on rental market approved by the Spanish government).
- Advised a German fund in the acquisition of the majority stake in a Spanish SOCIMI (REIT) holding a portfolio of over 400 residential units in Spain, worth over €250 million.
- Advised an investment fund in the acquisition of an office building in Barcelona for a price of around €100 million.
- Advised a top Spanish hotel operator on a sale and lease back transaction involving a luxury hotel in Barcelona for a price of around €120 million.
- Advised a institutional investor in the acquisition on a sale and lease back basis of a hotel in the Canary Islands for a price of around €90 million.
- Advised a joint venture comprised by a well-known Spanish developer and French institutional fund in a forward purchase transaction involving a "build to rent" project in Madrid worth over €120 million.
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Degree in Law, 2010
- 01/2021: DLA Piper, Madrid
- 2014 – 20: national leading law firm, Madrid
- 2010 – 14: international law firm, Madrid
Memberships And Affiliations
- As of September 2010, member of the Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid).
- As of November 2020, member of the LAW (Leadership Alliance for Women) in DLA Piper.