Caroline MagorSenior Associate
Caroline has a broad range of experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and group reorganisations. She acts for private equity sponsors, management teams and corporates. Caroline’s practice encompasses many sectors, including the real estate, insurance, technology and life sciences sectors.
- Asian-based sovereign backed client with its multi billion pound bid to acquire the iQ student platform (comprising over 70 student sites across the UK) via a structured and competitive auction process.
- Market Tech Holdings on the admission of its share to trading on AIM, with its IPO raising GBP100m, giving Market Tech Holdings a market capitalisation of GBP750m on admission.
- Liberty Specialty Markets on the redomicile of its insurance company from the UK to Luxembourg, as part of its Brexit planning, which was done by way of an SE merger and seat transfer. The structure was innovative, as a means of avoiding a costly and time consuming Part VII transfer and enabling Liberty to continue to operate across all EEA states and the UK postBrexit, with just one licensed insurance carrier. This matter completed in March 2019.
- Duke Street on its acquisition of a controlling interest in TeamSport Karting, the UK’s largest indoor go-karting operator, completing in November 2017.
- Carlyle on its acquisition of Livingstone Technologies, which delivers effective software asset management (SAM) managed services to large and complex organisations globally, together with two additional bolt on acquisitions of Derive Logic and Cloud Optics, as part of their buy and build strategy, completing in May 2018, April 2019 and October 2019 respectively.
- Aurium Capital on the acquisition of the Green Deal Finance Company as well as its existing loan book with a principal value of GBP40m. Additional investment was provided by Greenstone Finance and Pollen Street Capital, via its Honeycomb Investment Trust, completing in September 2016.
- KCK on its acquisition of the Edinburgh based battery developer, Dukosi, from the Scottish Investment Bank, IP Group and Par Equity and individual sellers, whichcompleted in October 2019.
- Graphite on its bid to acquire GEV Wind Power, a provider of blade repair and maintenance services via a competitive auction process during April 2019.
- Graphite on ongoing portfolio management of its investment in Trenchard Aviation, involving additional investment rounds.
- Management of Beck & Pollitzer on its disposal to Graphite Capital from Bridgepoint Development Capital, with the management team re-investing a significant proportion of its sale proceeds, completing in September 2016.
- The College of Law, Birmingham, GDL and LPC (LLB (with honours)), 2009
- University of Nottingham BA (Hons), 2004