Louisa Arlette Maier-WittAssociate
Louisa Arlette Maier-Witt advises national and international companies on all aspects of German and EU antitrust law.
Her particular focus lies on merger control proceedings, including multi-jurisdictional filings, antitrust proceedings, compliance management as well as complex distribution systems and cooperation agreements. Additionally, Louisa advises clients in the field of foreign direct investment.
Her clients include companies in a range of sectors with particular focus on health and pharma, software and food and retail.
- Cross-border advice regarding merger control and foreign direct investment proceedings to a global company on the acquisition of an international pharmaceutical company.
- Advice to an international medical products manufacturer with regard to renegotiation of distribution agreements with supplier.
- Advising a food retail chain on antitrust damages claims.
- Advising an airline in international merger control proceedings in connection with the acquisition of another airline.
- Higher Regional Court Frankfurt am Main, Second State Exam, 2019
- Georg-August-University Goettingen, First State Exam, 2017
- GRUR-Prax 2021, 616: Porsche-Tuning II (brief analysis of decision by the German Federal Court regarding selective distribution schemes in the automotive sector)
Prior to joining DLA Piper in Hamburg, Louisa has worked as an associate at an international law firm in the field of antitrust law (2019-2021). During her legal clerkship, she worked at a leading German law firm in the field of public procurement law, at the German Federal Foreign Ministry in Berlin and at the Senate Chancellery in Hamburg.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.