Yunus Maka has been a member of the Corporate group at DLA Piper for over 20 years becoming one of its youngest ever partners in January 2008. Yunus undertakes a wide variety of corporate transactions for and provides corporate support to a variety of local and international clients.
Yunus has led DLA Piper legal teams on numerous transactions, including sales and acquisitions of publicly listed and private companies (including private equity-backed investments), group reorganisations and joint ventures. As a consequence, Yunus is regularly seen as a first 'port of call' for many of his clients. The general counsel of a client recently described Yunus as, "so good that the other side will want him as their lawyer".
Yunus has also given seminars both internally and externally on corporate transactions, corporate governance, director duties and other similar housekeeping matters.
- Acting for sellers on the buyout of Verna Group International Limited by HIG Capital.
- Advising SDL plc on a capital raise and debt finance in connection with (and advising on) the acquisition of the language translation services business of Donnelley Financial Services, Inc. involving 14 jurisdictions.
- Acting for sellers and management on the investment in Access Creative College by Apiary Capital.
- Acting for the sellers and management on the cross-border joint venture between/investment from Pyramid Hotel Group into Hamilton Hotel Partners Limited.
- Advising Vespa Capital LLP on investments in various businesses including Feefo Holdings, Bluecrest Health Screening, Com Laude group and BioPhorum group and Chase Search & Selection.
- Acting on behalf of Rubix Group on all legal work, including three recent acquisitions.
- Advising the board of directors of Skill Capital Holdings on all corporate matters (including shareholders' agreements, articles of association, board meetings, creating a new business division and dealing with disputes between shareholders).
- Advising InterContinental Hotels Group on a number of joint venture transactions (across the UK, Germany and Africa).
- Advising Houghton International, Inc. on all legal work, including its sale to Quaker Chemicals Corporation and the prior sale of its metalworking division.
- Advising MissionOG on its investment into Featurespace Limited.
- Manchester University, Accounting & Law, BA, Hons
- Yunus Maka is praised by clients for being "a real star who is brilliant at working through what a business needs and suggesting alternative approaches" and "a breath of fresh air in a scrum of lawyers".
- Listed as an Acritas Star lawyer since 2016.
- Recognised in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.