Michael Mapp focuses his practice on corporate commodities and representing entities conducting a variety of transactions including mergers and acquisitions and debt finance. He primarily has experience in advising entities operating in the energy sector and entities in the trade of emissions reduction credits in navigating complexities of the Dodd Frank Act and CFTC regulation. He has further experience representing businesses in the energy sector including renewable energy companies, liquid natural gas companies, and coal companies.
- Representing various entities in the creation of emission reduction credit registries including registry that blends the use of financing and the block-chain.
- Assisted an entity in creating a new type of environmental investment mechanism blending the current emissions reduction credit formats with one focused on direct investment into project to combat climate change.
- Representing entities in creating execution facilities for the facilitation of trade Emission Reduction Credits.
- Assisting clients in registering with the National Futures Association as regulated entities under the CFTC.
- Representing an international commodities trading firm in compliance with CFTC Dodd Frank rules to enter into a new commodities trading market for the firm.
- Represented renewable energy company in connection with the sale of the company through a stock purchase agreement.
- Assisted an international commodities trading firm in the attainment of a FERC waiver for capacity release regulations.
- Represented a private equity firm in the purchase of a technology services company through a stock purchase agreement.
- Represented a bank in the financing of the building of an affordable housing complex through a credit facility.
- Representation of a liquid natural gas company in the acquisition and delivery of liquid natural gas from a major terminal.
- Assist in the creation of a global biopharmaceutical holding company.
- J.D., Cornell University 2021
- B.A., Texas A&M University 2017
magna cum laude
- A summary: the CFTC position limits compliance deadline of January 2022, 21 October 2021
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises TIME on launch of its sustainability division, “TIME CO2”
15 November 2022 .2 minute read
Gold Standard consultation on the future of digital assets in the carbon market: Top...
14 November 2022