In addition to being a competent legal advisor, my goal is to become a trusted and proactive business partner who employs a broader perspective.
Vanessa Marinska is an investment funds lawyer with a strong corporate law background.
She assists on advising fund managers and investors on the structuring and formation of and investment into Luxembourg alternative investment funds, particularly in the private equity and real estate fund sectors. She also has experience in private equity, joint ventures, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, securitisation undertakings, liquidations and general corporate law.
She regularly assists the team, advising on all legal aspects, including regulatory compliance and ongoing activities from the structuring until the launch of the vehicle, especially in connection with non-regulated fund structures, including participating in the review process of fund documentation and liaising with service providers.
- Advising a US-based investment manager specialised in the management of tail-end or challenged funds on the LPAC-initiated removal of the general partner of a Luxembourg alternative investment fund, and the related restructuring of the fund and its investment structure as well as litigation in relation thereto.
- Advising on the structuring and formation of a sustainable real estate fund launched by a Danish real estate fund of funds manager investing in primarily real estate related assets with a positive impact on the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals so as to have social and environmental achievements supplement the financial return.
- Advising a France-based independent private equity investment and asset management company on the structuring and establishment of a joint venture dedicated to investments in the renewable energy and electricity business, including the activities of energy generation, energy management, storage, trading and engineering, and electricity and gas supply businesses, and the syndication of the client's stake in such joint venture.
- Advising a private venture capital firm focused on late-stage and early growth technology companies in the food and agricultural sector on the structuring, establishment and launch of an impact fund dedicated to investments in early stage and later stage businesses and targeting a size of USD 200 million.
- Advising a Korean sovereign wealth fund on its investment in a Luxembourg investment fund investing in logistics and industrial warehouse real estate and real estate related assets and negotiated the terms of the investment with the fund manager, including the side letter.
- Advising a French multinational insurance company on a number of their investments in Luxembourg investment fund structures.
- Advising private equity firms on various acquisitions, either directly or through joint venture vehicles.
- Advising on setting up management incentive plans.
- Advising international firms on cross-border restructurings.
- Luxembourg Bar School, Cours complémentaires en droit luxembourgeois, Ministry of Justice, Luxembourg, 2018
- University of Luxembourg, Master/LLM in European Banking and Finance Law, 2017
- King’s College London, LLM in International Financial Law, 2016
University of Luxembourg, Bachelor in Law, 2015
- "Acquisition Finance 2019 – Chambers and Partners Global Practice Guides", co-authored with Me Toinon Hoss and Me Elisabeth Adam, 7 November 2019
- 2021 to date: Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2018-20: Associate, Major independent law firm, Luxembourg
- 2017: Legal intern, Major independent law firm, Luxembourg
- 2016: Legal intern, Magic Circle law firm, Luxembourg
- 2015-16: Legal intern, Independent law firms, Luxembourg