Charlotte joined DLA Piper's Insurance and Reinsurance team in 2021 as an Associate. She has experience advising on policy coverage issues and acting for insurers and reinsurers in (re)insurance litigation/arbitration disputes.
- Advising insurers in connection with COVID-19 related business interruption claims.
- Acting for London reinsurers in the disputes in connection with the high-profile crash of LaMia flight 2933.
- Advising insurers on coverage, and specifically aggregation issues, in respect of a professional indemnity matter in the construction sector.
- Advising W&I insurers on alleged breaches of financial statements, authorisations/licenses and compliance with laws warranties in connection with the acquisition of a Romanian vaccine manufacturing business.
- Advising W&I insurers on alleged financial statements and material information warranties breaches regarding undisclosed loss-making projects and penalties imposed in connection with the construction of French electronic communications networks and losses claimed in excess of EUR 70 million.
- Acting for reinsurers in connection with a coverage dispute with insurers, concerning aggregation issues, regarding COVID-19 related business interruption losses.
- University of Liverpool LLB (Hons) 1st, 2017
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course, Distinction
- 2018 to 2021, trained and qualified as an associate at a London based international law firm