Omer Maroof advises on real estate investment, management, forward funding, corporate structured real estate and development work. He also has experience in alternative asset classes such as student accommodation, care homes and leisure and has worked on a number of big ticket corporate real estate transactions.
- Advising on the acquisition, operational management agreement and financing of the 758 bedroom Vita student accommodation site in Lewisham for circa GBP200m.
- Advising on the corporate acquisition and financing of 5 Broadgate, London for circa GBP1.2 bn.
- Advising on the corporate acquisition and refinancing of Dolphin Square, the UK’s largest PRS scheme.
- Advising on US public to private corporate acquisition (14 prime properties across UK, France and Germany for EUR1.1bn) for AXA.
- Advising on the acquisition and redevelopment of the Amp (formerly MET) Building in London.
- Advising on the corporate acquisition, redevelopment and financing of 10 Greycoat Place, London.
- Advising on the letting and disposal of 6 Bevis Marks for the AXA/Blackrock joint venture for GBP220m.
- Advising on the acquisition and redevelopment of 60 London Wall for LaSalle/CALSTRS for circa GBP200m.
- Advising a global client on entering into their Framework property management agreements on a Pan-European basis.
- Advising on the acquisition, development, pre-let and forward-funding of a 770 bedroom student accommodation site in Coventry.
- Advising on the acquisition and lease to a national care home operator for AXA.
- Advising on the forward funding of 11 York Street, Manchester for Aviva.
- Advising British Land on major development works at their largest single-owned asset, Teesside Retail Park, Stockton on Tees.
- Advising AXA Real Estate on the GBP267.8 m acquisition of Land Securities’ 50 percent stake in 1.37 million sq ft Cabot Circus, one of the UK’s top twenty shopping centres in Bristol. The remaining 50 percent stake continues to be held by Hammerson, the investment and development company which developed Cabot Circus in 2008.
- Advising AXA on their GBP70m acquisition of 63 St Mary Axe, an eight story multi-let office/retail building with a floor area of 83,871 sq ft.
- Advising AXA on the forward funding of Plot 8020, Western Approach Distribution Park, Bristol.
- College of Law, Legal Practice Course (Distinction), 2004
- University College London, LL.M. Corporate and Commercial Law (Merit), 2003
- City University, LLB Law (Hons) (2:1), 2002
- 2014 - 2017, Managing Associate, London based international law firm
- 2007 to 2014, Associate, London based international law firm