Emily Marshall is an associate attorney in DLA Piper’s Product Liability and Mass Tort practice group. Emily represents clients in all areas of civil and commercial litigation and is experienced in all phases of litigation, including trying cases.
Emily advises clients on internal claims handling processes and procedures, as well as non-litigated claims involving consumer electronics, medical devices, and other household products. Emily also advises clients on regulatory, compliance, and safety matters, and has provided strategic guidance on international expansion of consumer electronics.
- J.D., Ave Maria School of Law
- B.S., Economics, Brigham Young University
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Consumer Products (including Tobacco) (2022)
- Presenter, “Food Donations: Guidance & Best Practices” (September 7, 2023)
- Speaker, "Attorney-Client and Manager-Employee Privilege and Confidentiality," Lorman webinar, (July 22, 2021)
- Presenter, "Personal Injury Trial Strategies: Arguing Pain and Suffering, Pre-Impact Damages, Conscious Suffering Before Death," Strafford webinar (April 21, 2021)
During law school, Emily served as a law clerk for the late Honorable Richard L. Sippel at the Federal Communications Commission.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Emily worked as an associate attorney for a prominent Atlanta litigation firm. In this role, Emily second- and co-chaired several jury trials, served as sole counsel in numerous bench trials, and gained significant experience working with subject matter experts.
Civic and Charitable
- Hands on Atlanta
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
Memberships And Affiliations
- Florida Second District Court of Appeal
- American Bar Association