María Claudia Martínez BeltránPartner
María Claudia is a partner at DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán.
She has focused her career on antitrust consumer protection and data protection matters. María Claudia has ample experience in representing a wide range of corporations, as well as individuals, before the Competition and Data Protection Authority, in administrative investigations and to help them obtain an array of regulatory clearances.
- Participated in the corporate reorganization of the most important economic groups in Colombia
- Advised on wealth management structures for numerous family businesses
- Advised numerous foreign enterprises on privacy policies to comply with the Colombian Data Protection Regime
- Corporate Law Postgraduate Program, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana 2015
- Economist, Universidad de los Andes 2012
- Antitrust, Competition and Free Trade Postgraduate Program, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana 2011
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Next Generation Partner, Colombia Competition and Antitrust
2022 - Recommended, Colombia Corporate and M&A
2022 - Recommended, Colombia TMT
2021 - Next Generation Partner, Colombia Competition and Antitrust
2018-21 - Recommended, Colombia TMT
2019 - Rising Star, Colombia Competition and Antitrust
2019 - Recommended, Colombia Dispute Resolution: Litigation
2018 - Recommended, Colombia Competition and Antitrust
María Claudia started her professional career in 2009, concentrating on corporate law. She went on to serve as a lawyer and economist at the Competition Authority in administrative antitrust investigations, ending her experience in the public sector as advisor to the Superintendent of Industry and Commerce. In 2014, she joined our predecessor firm Martinez Beltran Abogados as a senior associate, focusing on corporate law, competition law and consumer and data protection.
Memberships And Affiliations
- International Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper awarded Latin Lawyer’s 2023 “Deal of the Year” in two categories
17 May 2023 .3 minute read