Samata Masagee practices in the area of corporate law, with particular focus on public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint venture transactions, corporate reorganisations, antitrust and general corporate and regulatory matters.
Samata has advised some of Thailand’s most complex, cross-border transactions as well as a number of Thailand’s deals of the year.
- Advising Global Power Synergy PCL on its USD4.1 billion acquisition of Glow from Engie and the subsequent delisting tender offer – the largest M&A in Thailand’s energy sector.*
- Advising Grab on its acquisition of a leading ride-hailing service company’s assets and operations in Thailand and Southeast Asia.*
- Advising Thai Beverage PCL on its USD4.83 billion acquisition of 53.59% of SABECO in the highest value privatization in Vietnam.*
- Advising Advance Info Service PCL on its acquisition of CS Loxinfo from Singapore Telecommunications Limited and Thaicom through a voluntary tender offer and the subsequent delisting tender offer.*
- Advising Panus Poultry on the sale of 30% shares and a joint venture with Nippon Ham Group.*
- Advising on the partial tender offer in Symphony Communications – a telecommunications company listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.*
- Advising The Siam Commercial Bank on its sale of shares in The Siam Commercial Samaggi Insurance to ACE Group.* *Denotes experience at a previous firm.
- Thai Listed Companies Association, TLCA Executive Development Program, 2020
- Thai Institute of Directors, Director Certification Program (DCP 286)
- Columbia University School of Law, LL.M., (Fulbright Scholarship Program), 2009
Chulalongkorn University, LL.B. (Hons), 2005
- Recognised as Up and Coming lawyer for Corporate/M&A in Thailand by Chambers Asia Pacific, 2021-2022
- Recognised as Next Generation Partner for Corporate and M&A in Thailand by Legal 500, 2022
- Recognised as a Notable Practitioner for M&A by IFLR1000, 2020
- Named as Rising Star by asialaw Profiles, 2020
- Named as one of Thailand's Top 100 Lawyers: A-List lawyers by Asia Business Law Journal, 2019
- Named as one of 40 Under 40 by Asian Legal Business, 2018
- Awarded the Fulbright Scholarship Program by Fulbright Thailand-United States Educational Foundation, 2008
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Thai Bar Association
- Lawyers Council of Thailand
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Lotus Bakeries on land acquisition in Thailand as part of major Asia...
23 August 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises US flexible workspace company Industrious on Asia expansion
12 June 2022 .2 minute read